Chapter One

Chapter One:
Fallon Orabela
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Fallon watched with wide eyes as John B hovered his foot over the edge of the roof. She shook her head, a sigh leaving her lips as she tapped her finger on her bare leg, resting her other hand behind her. The salty sea-air gently blew her raven hair from her eyes.

"That's, what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope continued, raising the drill, "I'd give you about a.. one-in-three chance of survival."

Fallon spoke quickly, her eyes darting to JJ as he seated himself beside her, "Did you know that once you reach four stories your chances of dying increase to fifty percent? And once you reach eight stories, your chances of dying are about one-hundred percent? Yeah, so, be careful."

She let her eyes fall shut, scolding herself for letting herself spit out a random fact again. Stupid nervous ticks. She thought in disdain with an eye roll. 

"Huh." JJ pursed his lips, nodding slowly, "Yeah, that doesn't sound too promising to me."

"Hm." John B hummed, pulling his finger from his mouth and raising it to the air. "I'm only at three, right? Should I do it?"

"Yeah, jump." JJ nodded encouragingly, lifting the beer can to his lips. "You thirsty, Fal?"

Fallon laughed half-heartedly, taking the bottle from his hands, glancing up to meet his eyes as their fingers brushed. With a teasing smile, she lifted the bottle to her lips. JJ watched her, a grin playing against his lips as he took the bottle back.

"Yeah, you should jump." Pope joked, raising the drill gun in front of his face. "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"Oh, you'll shoot me?" John B challenged, cocking a brow as he moved his hair out of his eyes.

"Yep." Pope nodded, "Pew. Pew."

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Fallon pulled her knees apart, looking at Kie through them.

"How fancy." She muttered, shaking her head in annoyance. It was ridiculous to her that while people in the world were struggling to pay their bills, let alone put food on the table, others were out here buying things as trivial as Japanese toilets.

There was nothing wrong with being rich, of course, but something about spending your money on things like that didn't sit right with Fallon. But it wasn't up to her what others did with their money, only what she did with hers. Or, what she would do with hers when she made it big. Of course, she'd finally move out of this town that she couldn't stand so much, and straight into the big city.

"Of course, why wouldn't they?"

"This used to be a turtle habitat.. but who cares about the turtles.. I guess." Kie muttered, leaning on the balcony that overlooked the ocean. 

"I can't have cold towels." John B joked, extending his arms to the side in order to keep his balance. 

Kie squinted, raising her hand in front of her face as she looked up at him. "Can you please not kill yourself?"

"Don't spill that beer!" JJ shouted, raising the can he held to his lips, again "I'm not giving you another one."

"Oh, shit!" John B swore as the bottle slipped from his hands.

"Woah!" Fallon pulled her feet back, watching as the beer bottle hit the deck, shattering and sending glass pieces spraying across the deck. The sound of John B's groan echoed around the construction site as Kie shook her head in annoyance.

"Of course you did! Right after I told you not to." JJ scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Unbelievable, right?"

"Right." Fallon agreed with a nod, her lips curling up in a smile as she turned her attention away from Kie and over to the blond beside her.

"Hey, uh... Security's here." Pope said, leaning over the balcony. "Let's wrap it up."

Fallon nodded, pushing herself up off the balcony, glancing down at JJ as he rolled backwards. "Humpty dumpty, let's roll!"

Fallon giggled as she rushed through the house, listening to the voices of her friends and the security guard as they made their great escape. Her feet pounded down the stairs as her heart hammered against her ribcage. A mix of adrenaline and joy pumped through her veins as she forgot, just for a moment, all her worries and problems.

"Woah! Sorry, man, not much of a hugger." JJ joked as he dodged the cops.

"Can't get us!" Fallon joked, resting her hands on the fence posts as she jumped over it. As her feet hit the ground, she spun around and stuck out her tongue to taunt them. "Better luck next time!"

Laughs spilled from their lips as they hopped the fence, "Get up, Pope! Fatso's coming!"

"Come on, come on, come on!" Kie shouted, extending her hand to help Fallon in. 

"Woah!" Fallon laughed as she slipped her hand into Kie's and stumbled into the van, toppling onto Kie. Laughs spilled from their lips as Fallon lifted herself up and carefully pushed herself off of Kie. "Holy shit! I can't breathe."

"I mean.. I know CPR." JJ winked, his lips curving up into a smirk as Fallon's face fell blank. A laugh slipped from Pope's lips as her expression changed.

"He-Hey, did you guys know that-that clownfish can change their genders?" Fallon stuttered, nervously picking at the frills of the crop top she wore. "Yep, if-if they need to for reproductive shit. So that changes the game in Finding Nemo, right?"

JJ blinked, slowly nodding in agreement as he looked out the van's window.

"Check out Gary gunnin' for a raise!" Pope laughed at the sight of the older cop trying to catch up to the van.

Fallon sighed in relief, thankful for the subject change. "He's not gonna get us. No way, man."

"Come on, Gary!" JJ shouted, his voice filled with mock encouragement. "Wait, slow down, slow down, slow down."

"JJ, be careful." Fallon spoke, watching as the boy hung out of the open van's door. He waved her off with his free hand, a cocky grin spreading across his face.

"Guys! You're gonna give him a heart attack." Kie said, shaking her head as she looked over at Fallon who nodded in agreement.

"You're so close. You can do it. There you go!" JJ laughed, tossing the cop an empty beer can. "Aw, they don't pay you enough, bro."

"JJ, stop. Stop." Kie scolded, smacking the boy on the arm.

"Oh, come on." JJ pouted, "That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." 

~~

"That's Fallon. She's been with us since the fifth grade. I have no idea why, though. She could be hanging out with the Kooks if she wanted, but she hangs out with us. She's basically a human encyclopedia when she gets nervous. She's got this dream to make it big, and she will. Just don't let her know I think that. She lives with her adoptive parents kind of reclusive, but it makes for a great hideout from the cops.  I guess, we all sort of have a thing for her too. Some more than others. Don't tell him I said that."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ A/n: I love them already and i also wanna make a kie fic and a pope fic bc ofc i do }

{ Edited: No }