Chapter Three

Chapter Three: 
Told You So
.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A loud laugh left Fallon's lips as JJ took a full bottle of beer and carefully climbed to the bow of the boat. "Careful, JJ."

"Hey, if I fall, you know CPR, right?" JJ flirted, sending her a wink. "Because if you do, I'll fall on purpose."

"Ha! Hey, did you guys know that elephants look at humans and think we're cute just like we do with them?" Fallon laughed nervously, scratching her head as she looked away from the blond boy.

"Hey, Pope, can you go a little faster please?" JJ requested, carefully balancing himself.

"Here we go."

"Okay, I'm moving." John B muttered, "It doesn't work. We've tried it like.. Six thousand times."

"I got this, it'll work." JJ insisted, raising the bottle in front of his face.

Fallon let out a yelp, covering her face with her hands as she became covered in beer, "Ew, it's in my fucking eye!"

"Oh, my god! You're getting beer in my hair!" Kie whined, trying to block the liquid from hitting her.

"All right, all right, all right!" Pope said, raising his hand. "All right, you're done. All right. Stop!"

"Woah!" Fallon stumbled forward as the boat came to an abrupt stop. She looked around, her heart falling into her stomach when she saw JJ's body crash into the water.

"Jesus, Pope!"

"JJ!" Fallon shrieked, dropping her bottle and rushing over to the bow of the boat, nearly tripping on her own feet the entire time. "Holy shit! JJ, are you okay? JJ!"

A sigh of relief left her lips as his body emerged from the water with a loud groan. "I think my heels touched the back of my head."

"Kie, you okay?" John B asked, raising his hand to block out the sunlight.

"Fal, what about you?"

"Just fine, thanks." Fallon nodded, reaching down and brushing the pieces of glass from her legs.

"Pope, what did you do?" JJ groaned, his body still aching from the impact.

"Sandbar." Pope answered, rubbing his forehead. "The channel changed."

"No shit!" JJ said as he swam towards the back of the boat.

"Ugh, this is probably gonna mess this whole place up." Pope groaned.

"Hey, I saved the beer, though." JJ said, shrugging as he glanced over at the worried expression on Fallon's face.

"Congrats, JJ." John B said, his tone clearly sarcastic as he looked down at the boy.

"Aw, why you lookin' at me like that, Fal?" JJ teased, his lips curving into a grin as he splashed her.

"Because I told you to be careful." Fallon pointed out, squaring her shoulders and crossing her arms to appear more intimidating. 

JJ chuckled, which sent a shiver down Fallon's spine as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He squinted, raising his hand to block out the sun. "Oh, you did?"

"Ye-Yeah, Yeah, I did." Fallon nodded.

"She did, man." John B agreed.

 "She totally did." Kie nodded.