Chapter Two

Chapter Two:
The Great Big Distraction
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Fallon frowned as she looked around at the damage caused by the hurricane. Boats were overturned, debris, broken logs, and other trash floated around in the water as she, John B, and JJ sped through the water channel.

Sadness washed over her at the memory of her home, how there was a tree lying in her living room now. Her parents didn't want her around to see that, so they sent her off with JJ and John B in hopes they'd cheer her up. Not that the two boys knew that happened, she didn't live directly on the water so she met them at the docks. "This is so sad.."

"Yeah." JJ nodded in agreement, his eyes lighting up when his eyes landed on another boat. "Looks kind of like a smugglers boat, right, Fal?"

"Uh.. Good mornin'!" John B greeted when he noticed that someone stood on the bow of the boat. Fallon smiled, leaning over the boat and letting her hand touch the water as the dolphins swam by.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink." JJ said, "He doesn't have insurance, dude."

Fallon nodded in agreement, grateful that her family did have insurance. "He's really nice."

"Hi, Miss Amy!" John B greeted, "Make it through?"

"Still here." The woman grinned, waving to Fallon as they passed.

"She totally looked at me." JJ snickered, nudging Fallon, making sure it wasn't hard enough to send her toppling into the water. Fallon blushed, a random fact tumbling past her lips as she quieted her voice.

"I saw it." John B nodded, his voice trailing off as he got a full sight of the wreckage. "Dude, look at this place."

"Agatha! What did you do?" JJ joked,

"That is a crazy lady-"

"Cat lady material." Fallon hummed, tightening the straps on her red bikini top.

"Hard-core, dude." JJ whistled, trailing his eyes over the damage from the storm. "Hurricane surge."

"We'll be cleaning this all summer." JJ said, shaking his head. Fallon's shoulders slumped and she nodded along with the blond boy.

"That is my nightmare." John B said, steering the boat to the right.

The wind gently blew Fallon's hair behind her as she inhaled, breathing in the sweet scent of the salty sea air.

"Pope!" She greeted, waving to the boy as they approached them. She waved excitedly to the boy.

"Look who we have here." JJ whooped, throwing his arms up in the air. Pope rolled his eyes as he raised his hand in a way to greet them.

"We have a safety meeting, attendance mandatory." John B called, slowing the boat to an almost stop and mimicking radio static.

"I can't, my pop's got me on lockdown." Pope said, releasing the lever on the hose he held.

"Come on, man." JJ said, leaning into his shoulder and also mimicking radio static. "Your dad's a pussy, over."

Fallon covered her laugh with a cough, smiling nervously when JJ sent her a grin from where he stood.

"Oh, I heard that, you little bastard." Pope's dad shook his head, narrowing his eyes at JJ.

"We need your son!" John B said, raising his hand to block out the sun.

"Mandatory meeting." Fallon nodded, cupping her hands over her mouth. "It's a can't miss thing, I'm talkin' extra-mandatory."

"Yeah, island rules." JJ said as the boat came to a complete stop. "Day after a hurricane's a free day."

"Who the hell made that up?"

Fallon pursed her lips and looked away from the intimidating man. JJ shrugged, "Pentagon, I think? We have security clearance. I have a card."

"You think I'm stupid?"

"I-I'll do it tomorrow. I promise." Pope stammered, "I promise, I'll do it tomorrow."

"No, no. No, no, no." The man shook his head as Pope dropped the hose, "You'll do it right now."

"Get in the boat." John B hissed.

"Make a run for it." JJ leaned forward, trying his best to be subtle.

"Come to the dark side." Fallon whispered, motioning for him to get in the boat.

"Boy, if you get into the boat-" Pope's dad sentence was cut off short as Pope jumped into the boat, nearly missing knocking Fallon straight down.

"Woah, watch it, bro." JJ joked. "How does it feel?"

"Go, go, go, go!" Pope insisted, blocking out the scoldings of his father.

"Boy, bring your ass back here!"

"I promise I'll do it tomorrow, dad." Pope insisted.

"Whoo!" JJ called as they pulled away from the dock.

"When you get back here, you're gonna clean shrimp, you're gonna clean fish-"

"Love you, pops!"

"You're gonna clean your dirty-ass room!"

"We'll bring him back in one piece, I promise!" John B called over his shoulder.

Fallon grinned, raising her hand to wave to him. "Safe and sound!"

"And I don't like your friends."

Fallon swayed back and forth to the beat of the song stuck in her head, her eyes fluttering shut as she lipsynced the lyrics in a way to distract herself from the mayhem back home. JJ watched her, a small smile playing against his lips. She looked so peaceful, so peaceful that even he couldn't tell that something was wrong.

~~

"Oh, top of the mornin' to ya!" JJ greeted Kie in a bad Irish accent as John B came to a stop.

"Good morning." Kie smiled, as she came to a stop at the edge of the dock.

"Whatcha got?" Pope asked, trailing his eyes from her face down to the bag.

Fallon hummed, "I hope it's food, I'm hungry."

"Got some juice boxes?"

"You know, just some yogurt and some carrot sticks." Kie shrugged, thanking JJ as he helped her onto the boat.

"How about my kind of juice box?"

Fallon grinned, waving to her best friend as she sat beside her. "Oh, hell yeah."

"Brace for impact." John B said, increasing the speed of the boat. Fallon took a bottle from Kie's hands, lifting it to her lips after she had JJ open it for her. She knew she could do it herself, but she also liked the smile he would get after he did.

"Thanks, JJ." Fallon smiled, brushing her fingers against the rip of the bottle as the wind whipped through her hair. JJ grinned, shyly looking down at his feet and nodding.

"Salud!" Kie shouted, raising her bottle into the air. A small smile rested on Fallon's lips, welcoming the distraction.

"Salud!"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ A/n: this show has so much happen at once i- }

{ Edited: No }