Chapter Four

Chapter Four:
Bees, Bees, Bees!
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Fallon rolled her eyes as she listened to the nearly deafening arguing around her as everyone tried to speak to the coast guard at once. A huff left her lips as she crossed her arms, anxiously tapping her foot as JJ shook his head and walked up to try and help John B.

She was never a big fan of crowds, they made her feel trapped. She preferred to stay with a smaller group of people. That's why she got along with JJ, Pope, Kie, and John B so well. They never forced her to do anything she wasn't comfortable with, and that meant so much to her.

"Hey!" Fallon jumped as the coast guard rose his voice, pointing at John B. "Calm down."

She pursed her lips as she watched John B pluck the motel key from JJ's fingers before following them out. John B crossed his arms as he held the key tightly in his grip. "Well, that went well."

"What's the plan?" Pope asked, glancing down at John B's hands as he twirled the keys around his finger.

"Well, I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat." John B answered as JJ took the keys from him and tossed them to Fallon. He sent her a grin as she caught them with both hands, awkwardly lowering them as he made eye contact with her.

"No, no, no!" Pope shook his head quickly, waving his hands around. "We don't know whose room that is, it could be anyone."

"I'm in." JJ agreed as Fallon tossed the motel key to Kie.

"Same." Fallon nodded in agreement, glancing over at JJ who already had his gaze set on her.

"Come on! I'll be lookout." Kie grinned, motioning for Fallon to follow her as she spun on her heel and walked off.

"Finders' fee." John B said, patting Pope on the chest as he walked by. "Just saying. And hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

~~

"I thought the Château looked bad." JJ whistled, scrunching his nose up at the sight of the decrepit motel. 

Fallon nodded in agreement, her heart aching at the reminder of her destroyed home

"This place is a shit show." John B shook his head.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie asked, her knuckles turning white from the grip she held on the edge of the boat.

"You be the judge." Pope scrunched his nose up at the sight of the motel.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." John B commented as he pulled the boat in.

"No, looks like the type of place someone with a Grady-White would get killed."

"Ha!" Fallon cleared her throat and looked away when Kie turned to look at her, "Sorry."

"All right, here we go." John B continued as JJ tossed the rope ashore.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue coming in for landing." JJ lowered his voice, mimicking radio static as he jumped onto the grass. "Whoo!"

"We good?" John B asked, turning off the boat's engine.

"Yeah, we good." JJ nodded, glancing over at Fallon as he stood.

"All right, here goes nothin'." John B said as he stepped off of the boat.

"Hey," Pope said, stopping John B. "Don't let him do anything stupid."

"Oh, we will." JJ nodded, leaning on the boat.

John B glanced over at JJ, a sigh leaving his lips as he shook his head. "I'm not making promises."