Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:
Just Like A Princess

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Fallon looked around, standing on her tippy toes in search of Kie or Pope, both had disappeared just a few minutes ago and she felt out of place without someone to talk to. She knitted her eyebrows together when she saw the back of Pope's head as he talked to a boy in a waiter's uniform. Smiling in satisfaction, she carefully stepped down the stairs as to not rip the expensive fabric, before making her way through the crowd. She watched him until he turned and walked away, disappearing into the crowd and revealing who he had been talking to. Her breath hitched in her throat when her eyes landed on JJ, a large grin forming as she took a fistful of her dress's fabric in her hands to avoid tripping when she ran over to him. "JJ."

She came to a stop, smoothing out her dress as JJ turned around at the sound of his name. JJ choked on the air in his lungs when his eyes landed on her. He had no time to take in her appearance as Fallon already had him engulfed in her arms. She squeezed him tightly, letting her eyes fall shut as his arms wrapped around her waist, "Woah, woah, woah. Did you miss me or something?"

Fallon grinned as she pulled away and stepped back to look at him. His heart skipped a beat as she smiled up at him, her eyes sparkling as she met his gaze. "Hi.."

" Wow.." JJ breathed out, shaking his head to pull himself from his daze as his eyes fell to her lips. He raised his eyes to meet Fallon's, swallowing thickly as her red lips curved into a dazzling grin. "You look-You look... You look like a princess."

Fallon blushed, a giggle slipping past her lips as she looked down to her feet, "Thanks.. Hey, did you know that there's a volcano on Mars that's, like, three times bigger than Everest?"

"Wouldn't wanna be on Mars when that fuckin' thing erupts." JJ joked. Fallon laughed, teasingly rolling her eyes and shaking her head. JJ saw the look flash in her eyes when she spotted the bruises forming. His shoulders drooped as he looked down towards his feet in embarrassment.

"JJ.." Her smile fell when her eyes landed on the bruises forming on the side of his face, "Who.. who did that?"

She carefully rose her hand, glancing at him for permission as her fingers brushed along the bruise. Her hand immediately dropped to her side when he winced at the contact, "JJ.."

He clenched his jaw, avoiding eye contact with her as he balled his hands into his fist. Her gaze didn't leave him until he turned his head to meet her eyes, "This? Uh, this was.. you know, my dad. You know, he has that right jab."

"JJ." Fallon whispered, blinking away the tears forming in her eyes as she watched his facial expression change. "Does it hurt?"

"Don't worry about it, Fal." JJ answered, "It's under control, I'll be getting that Fallon the second after all."

"Wait, what?" Fallon shook her head in confusion as he pointed at her and backed away. "Does that mean we're back on with the high-stakes treasure hunt?"

"Stay here." JJ pointed at her, "I'll be back, okay?"

"Staying here." Fallon nodded in confirmation, resting her hands on her shoulders as she watched him walk over to Sarah. A small smile formed on her face as she watched him dance with Sarah, discreetly handing her a note.

An annoyed scoff left her lips as she spotted Rafe and Kelce out of the corner of her eye making their way towards JJ. She quietly began walking over to where JJ stood, ready to defend him if the need were to come. Which, when dealing with the two she would be, would come.