14. A god among spirits

Haku woke up sweating, he was a bit embarrassed about his dream but he felt relived that no one could read minds in the bath house. In all honesty he had really enjoyed it. Feeling her soft skin against his own. Her lipsbrushing against his. No he had to push the thought away and get to work.

Chihiro woke up early and walked downstairs to help Rin with the preparations for the ball. They had no costumers today since they were hosting the annual ball.

Midday she and Rin went went to Rins room for a break. They had a Nikuman each and sat at the balcony as they always did together.

''Chihiro can't you play the piano at the ball tonight? I really want to hear you play!'' Rin said excited. ''In front of all spirits? I don't think so!'' Chihiro said nervously. She was surprised that Rin remembered her mentioning the piano.

''I am sure everyone will be happy to hear you play, music brings everyone together and it is a great way to make them like you'' Rin said, she knew that all the spirits were very found of music. ''I don't know... I have not performed for a long time'' Chihiro said uncertain. ''Everyone would love it, you can think about it and tell me later'' Rin said. Rin was the main organizer of the ball.

''I heard you got a dress from Zeniba'' Rin said. ''Yes it is very beautiful. What will you wear Rin?'' Chihiro asked, she had never seen Rin in anything but their uniform. Rin stood up and went to her closet and pullet out a long dark red dress, it was simply but beautiful. ''It is so pretty'' Chihiro said excited to prepare with her friend later, she missed Rumi. ''I am sure that your dress will be stunning'' Rin said smiling at Chihiro.

''So will you dance with Mr. green tonight?'' Rin asked teasing her friend. ''I do not really know how to dance'' Chihiro said honestly. ''It is more about having fun, just enjoy yourself. I hope you will save a dance for me too'' She said smiling at Chihiro. ''Of corse! I saved all my dances for you'' Chihiro said answering the smile, but deep inside she really wanted to dance with Haku. ''Oh he will not be happy about that'' Rin said smiling. ''Oh my god stop it Rin!'' Chihiro said laughing. ''You are already calling him my god'' Rin said laughing.

''No it is just an expression'' Chihiro said not sure if Rin knew that or not. Rins confused face answered that ''It means like oh please or C'mon''. Chihiro tried to explain. ''Oh I thought you said it because Haku is a god.'' Rin said smiling. ''Haku isn't a god'' Chihiro said now being the one confused. ''He is though'' Rin said ''A spirit as strong as him is classified as a god in our world, that is why everyone are so afraid of him and respect him so much'' Rin explained. ''It would not surprise me if he were as strong as the elders''.

Chihiros eyes widened in shock. Was Haku A God?!!! ''You know if he classify as a god in our word I wonder what he would be in the human world'' Rin laughed before catching Chihiros shocked face.

''Don't worry Chihiro, he is just a bit stronger than you thought so what?'' Rin said hoping that she could save the situation to no use.

''Chihiro! He really do not care about the god things so you should not care either'' Rin said again regretting that she had said anything in the first place. But how could Chihiro have missed the power coming out from him? Rin thought.

''I will 100% not dance with him now'' was all Chihiro could say. How had she been so dumb, she actually started to believe that he had feelings for her but he was a freakin God!! he could not care for her.

Their lunch break ended and they went back to work.

Everyone finished work early to prepare. Rin and Chihiro ran excitedly to their room. Chihiro was nervous about meeting Haku now when she knew the truth but she decided to try to have fun tonight. And focus more on her friends.

The girls decided to get ready together in Chihiros room. Rin brought her dress with her too so they could change together. ''Oh I forgot the face paint!'' Rin said and started to walk back to her room.

''Face paint?'' Chihiro asked trying to hold in a laughter. ''Yes! Do humans not use face paint?'' Rin asked surprised. ''Well, kids do...maybe? Not at a party though'' Chihiro said now bursting out in laughter. ''What? Kids use it?? Humans are so weird'' Rin said but when she came back it was not what Chihiro had expected instead she had old school make up.

''Oh you meant make up?'' Chihiro said laughing even harder now. ''I do not understand what is so funny Sen''. Rin just looked confused at her friend who was dying of laughter. ''Wait let me get my make up instead that looks so old'' Chihiro said trying to calm down as she went to her backpack she had brought with her and took out her make up bag. Rin was very impressed with the human styled make up and she was happy that she did not have to burn her eyelashes, there were a thing called mascara.

The girls finished their make up and hair. Rin had put her into a bun but Chihiro wanted to have hers down. She had a small braid on the left side of her face which went all the way to the back of her head to keep hairs from falling into her eyes.

They put on their dresses and Rin was shocked by Chihiros. ''Wow Chihiro you look like a dream!'' She said her eyes were wide open. ''I look like a servant next to you''. Rin said but she was not jealous of her friend she would never want a dress like that for herself and she liked to admire it on Chihiro. ''Don't say that, you look amazing Rin and I know that you know it yourself'' Chihiro said smiling at her friend. It was time for them to leave and go to the ballroom.