15. The bal

Everyone was looking at Chihiro as she entered the ballroom with Rin. Chihiro felt a bit uncomfortable but was happy when she spotted Zeniba she went over to her.

''Look at you, my granddaughter is a princess''. Chihiro smiled at Zeniba ''The dress is amazing'' She said. ''Well it was worth all the hard work just seeing you wear it'' Zeniba said with a smile. Chihiro started to look around the room trying to find Haku.

''He is not here yet dear'' Zeniba said smirking at Chihiro. ''I was not looking for him'' Chihiro responded without thinking. Of corse she was and of corse Zeniba knew that so what was the point of lying? ''He should have walked in with you, it would have been so cute'' Rin said. She and Zeniba shared the same passion of teasing Chihiro. Actually most of CHihiros friends seemed to do so. Rin had to leave them to do some preparations. Just as she had walked away the announcer said; ''Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi and Seia Kamika''

Chihiro saw Haku enter the room, he was wearing a black silk robe and he looked more stunning than ever but Chihiros tummy turned when she saw a girl having her arm around him as they entered.

Zeniba saw Chihiros expression and tried to say something but Chihiro had already left. She went to find Rin right away. ''What is wrong?'' Rin asked she saw that Chihiro were close to tears. ''Nothing Rin I promised you all dances right so let's dance''.

Rin decided to just do as Chihiro wished. Then she saw the reason of Chihiros behaviour. Haku was dancing with another woman she was a shining white spirit. Her wavy hair was as white as snow and reached to her hips. She was wearing a long White dress which looked stunning on her figure, and her skin, almost so white that it was shining. ''Chihiro do not worry she is probably just a costumer'' Rin said trying to calm Chihiro down to no use.

Chihiro thought about what Rin had said before that day. Haku was a god. Of corse he would not fancy her when beautiful spirits like that white one existed in the grasp of his palm. Chihiro was determined to look like she did not care. She knew that she was a good actress after all.

Boh came up to Chihiro, ''Wow you look amazing!'' He said with his eyes wide opened. ''Thank you Boh'' Chihiro said smiling she saw how Yubaba was watching them. ''Would you do me the honour and dance with me?'' He asked shyly. ''Of corse I would love to'' Chihiro said. And they started to dance. Boh was quit cute and Chihiro knew that he would grow up to be a fine man. Or maybe he already was? After all he was much older than her ''I do not understand why Haku is not dancing with you and just have his arm around that white ghost looking spirit'' Boh said.

''Why would he be with me Boh?'' Chihro said nonchalantly. Boh just glared at her.

Inside she was furious. She did not really know why, she was not dating him or anything, but it still made her very frustrated to see them together. She looked over at the couple and he was spinning her around. Why had he been so persistent about her coming to the ball? Just to show of his new girlfriend? To show her that he loved someone else? Follow your heart she heard the voice of the elders spirit, maybe she started to imagine things. but she decided to do just that. She went up to Rin.

''Rin I think I am ready to play that song now?'' Chihiro was not letting Haku go with her eyes. Rin was happy that Chihiro wanted to play but a bit worried too. She hoped that her friend would not sing about killing all the dragons or something.

''Okay I will announce that you want to play, be ready to hit the stage'' Rin said. Even if she sang about killing all dragons he sure deserved it. She smiled at her friend and said ''Good luck Sen''. And she went up to the stage to do the announcement.

''honourable guests, welcome to our annual ball. We hope that you all will enjoy yourself and dance until the sunrises. Before we continue one of our workers are going to perform a song. She is a very talented musician and also my best friend. Please give a warm welcome to Ogino Chihiro'' Rin gave a soft applaud and left the stage, she winked at Chihiro.

Hakus eyes flew open. Did she mean his Chihiro? Of corse there were only one Ogino Chihiro. He saw as she walk upon the stage. She was so beautiful he had tried to avoid looking at her because seeing her made him want to take her away and keep her to himself forever. He did not want anyone else looking at her, but now everyone were silent watching her.

Chihiro sat down by the piano. She had not decided what to play yet but she followed her heart and started to play All in my head with Tori Kelly. Chihiro sang and played the song filled with emotion. She had competed in music before as an act for her sanity for her parents, but she really enjoyed music. She could feel one tear streaming down her cheek as she finished the song.

Everyone was so quite that you could have heard a nail drop but then everyone started to cheer for her. Rin ran up to her on staged and hugged her. ''Chihiro you were amazing'' Rin said she had tears running down her face as well.

''I knew you were good but you sang as beautiful as a siren'' Rin said in shock. But she stoped as she saw someone coming up behind Chihiro. She let go of the human and gave her a reassuring look and left the stage.