30. Always listen to your gut feeling

Chihiro walked downstair as she heard the door opened and her dad saying that he was home. Yuuko had given him a little heads up about the situation at home. But when Akio saw Chihiro he ran up and hugged her. Was he crying too?

''Chihiro how could you do this to us? I thought that you had died''. She could see in his eyes how hurt he had been. Chihiro was happy to see her parents like this. she actually thought that they would not care so much if she was gone.

''Yuuko have you told the police yet?'' Akio asked. ''No I waited for you but I will call them now'' Yuuko went to grab her phone. ''We have to let them know that Chihiro is alive and home'' Akio said.

This was the worst idea Chihiro ever had heard. ''No!'' she screamed just before Yuuko were about to press call. ''What is wrong honey?'' Yuuko asked.

''Is it not good as it is now? When they think that I ran away and they do not suspect you?'' Chihiro asked. Both her parents looked at her as question marks. ''I just came here to make sure that you two were okay but I have to return as soon as I can, I will stay the night but I will leave in the morning again'' Chihiro explained to them.

''What do you mean Chihiro? Where have you been?'' Akio asked with a hint of anger covering the confusion in his eyes.

Chihiro knew that her dad would not believe the truth but she did not want to lie if she did not have to and since her parents were okay she would leave again to the place she belonged.

''Dad I have to return. I already told you about where I went in the letter''. Akios face turned worried. Did his daughter really believe that she had been in a world full of spirits? ''Chihiro you better stop this nonsense now if you do not wish to return to the mental hospital'' He warned angrily.

''Where the hell have you been this whole time? I was nice and did not ask you because you just returned but you better answer me now or I will send you right back to the home of freaks!'' He screamed. Chihiro felt how the egendomsamulletten became hot almost as if it was angry at her father for her. she could see her father reacting a bit too it without understanding himself what it was.

''I never lied to you when I told you about that place and if you do not believe me that is your loss. I wished that we could still have a relationship together but I guess we can not. They love me there much more than you two ever have!'' Chihiro screamed back furiously. She ran up to her room and slammed the door shut.

She started crying as soon as she had slammed the door and fell down to the floor with her head in her hands. Why could they not believe in her? They were her parents. She decided that she would return to her real home tomorrow morning. She hold on to her egendomsamulett and whispered ''I will return to you tomorrow, they will never believe me'' . She had no idea if he could hear her or not but it made her feel a little better.

Yuuko tried to calm Akio down. ''Maybe we should try to believe her and see where it leads us'' Yuuko said to Akio. ''Are you as nuts as she is?'' Akio screamed at his wife. ''I will call the police and the psych ward right away and they will come and bring her there. Akio said as he searched for his phone. But Yuuko was faster and grabbed the phone before he could reach it.

''What are you doing Yuuko?'' He warned. ''I do not care if she is crazy or not you are not taking her away from me again, she is not going anywhere. It is my time to decide. You sent her away last time as well''. Yuuko said she would not let her daughter go through that again.

''Well it did work! Yuuko! Do you remember how good she has been until now?'' Akio said.

''She told me before you got here that she acted that way to make us believe that she had lost her belief in the spirit world. But she did believe in it all the time'' Yuuko had tears streaming down her face.

''She is leaving here on her own if we do not stop her and who knows to where? That she still is alive is amazing. But her mind is somewhere else, she is in a dreamworld not here'' Akio said angrily.

''I will leave you Akio if you try to take her away from me'' Yuuko warned her husband. Akio was surprised that his wife had guts to stand up for herself like this.

''Okay let's make a deal then. I will not call anyone today BUT  I will set a lock on her door and window for now and we will see if she calms down?'' He said not believing at all that it would work but he could not lose his daughter and his wife. Yuuko nodded. And Akio went to work on the lock right away.