24. I have a question

After lunch Chihiro was alone in the house as Haku had some work to do with his river. She decided to check out the small waterfall that was by the living room wall. It was no bigger than one meter. She touched the turquoise water and it was the same temperature as the river had been. It was almost as if she could feel his presence in the water. She blushed as she thought back at the kiss. She did not know that kissing someone could bring up so many feelings inside, she almost loved him more now than she had before.

Chihiro stood up to look at all the books covering the walls. He did not have much light inside the cave house at all but a little brighter than the light from the torches and crystals outside. Haku had told her that the torchers were burning forever and would never stop for as long as he was alive.

Chihiro was surprised to find human books in his collection like Steven King and Jane Austen. She had read a lot as a child. It was a way for her to escape the cruel reality the human world brought upon all living things. She pulled out Steven Kings Eyes of the dragon of corse he would have this she thought laughing a little to herself. She was wondering if dragons in Europe was the same as the ones in Asia, they were always pottreyed differently, Haku was definitely an Asian kind, maybe all dragon were the same? She would have to ask him later.

Haku came back around two hours later. she was relaxing by his waterfall as he steps inside. ''I knew you were here, I could feel you through my water'' he said smiling. He liked being in the river when she was connected to it. She removed her hand from the waterfall.

''Have you been very bored? I am sorry''. Chihiro walked up to him and put her arms around him surprising herself a little. But he was hers and she knew that he would not mind. She also found it very hard to keep herself away from him.

''No I have been busy reading'' Haku was pleased that she felt so comfortable around him and he quickly put his arms around her too. ''So is my little human hungry?''

They had crab for dinner that evening. Chihiro understood that Haku mostly ate fish. ''Do you only eat fish?'' She asked him. ''No I do not it is just that I prefer it and it is easy to get fresh down here'' he started realising that he only had made fish for her since they had arrived. ''I am sorry we have only been eating fish right? I did not think about it''.

''No! I love fish I was really just curious Haku and I would not want us to leave here just to get some food'' she said feeling dumb about how she had portrayed the question. Haku was pleased that she seemed to like the river so much. ''Tomorrow I will show you the waterfall'' He said excited. ''You have another waterfall?''. He nodded.

The next morning Chihiro were once again debating about wearing her short dress. She tried it on and felt fairly confident in it. He always ever saw her in her uniform so it would be nice to have something else. The wardrobe in her room was filled with clothes which he had said was okay for her to wear though. But all of them was the same style as most of the cloths in the spirit world but in different colours.

Chihiro looked in the mirror. The dress was a pastel pink which was a contrast from the pink in her uniform. It had puff arms and went to just above her knees. She thought the skirt was a bit long but she still felt uncomfortable with it. She had ever really seen anyone in the spirit world wearing such a short skirt. She decided to go with it anyway.

As she went into the kitchen she noticed that Haku was not there. It was a note to her on the kitchen table;
Good morning my Chihiro. I decided to get to work early so I can spend the rest of the day with you. I will be done around noon. Sorry that I am away all the time. I made you some soup, it is on the stove. I am looking forward to our date later.