33. My river will save me

The next day went by slowly she wanted it to be Monday quickly so they could try again. She was bored in her room since her mom did not come and talk with her during the time her dad was at home. But soon enough she could go to sleep and wait for the next day.

She woke up in the middle of the night of something tapping her shoulder. She opened her eyes to look at the one interrupting her sleep. ''Haku?'' She said. She looked at him more and saw that it really was him. She jumped to hug him but ended up hugging herself.

''I am sorry Chihiro you are still dreaming but I found a way to contact you. You made me worried so I wanted to see if you were okay. Will you be back soon?''

Chihiro was disappointment when she realised that he was not there for real but she was happy with what she got. ''Haku I wanted to return to you on the first day but my father locked me in here and I can not escape'' she saw anger cross the dragons face. ''He locked you in here when you came to save him from being locked in?'' Haku did not understand how anyone could do that to their child.

''Yes'' Chihiro had not thought about it that way but it was a bit funny when you thought about it. So much for trying to help.

''I will come immediately'' Haku said as he started to fade away a little. ''No Haku wait!'' Chihiro screamed. Before he left.

''Rumi will come here tomorrow to try some combinations to the lock. You should wait before you come, it will take a lot of your energy to go to the human world right?'' She was worried about how hurt he would be if he came.

''Chihiro I swore to protect you in my world as well as yours, I will be there tomorrow in one way or another''. He said as he faded away. Chihiro felt happy about that even though she worried for him.

The next day Rumi was by her house almost as soon as Akio had left. ''What are you doing here Rumi?'' Yuuko asked as Rumi stepped inside. ''I am here to get Chihiro out Ogino-san, I assume that you do not know the combination?'' Rumi asked starring straight into Yuukos eyes. She was angry that she had locked in her daughter but she saw the pain in her eyes and realise that it was not completely her fault.

''No I do not know it Rumi'' Yuuko answered sad. They both walked upstairs. ''Chihiro we are here now'' Rumi said as she hit the lock right away. ''Why riverbanks?'' Yuuko asked Rumi as she put it in.

''Chihiro fell into a river as a child and were found by the riverbank'' Rumi answered concentration on spelling right. ''Oh..'' Yuuko said impressed that the girls had thought so deeply about this. To all their disappointment it did not work. '' I am sorry Chihiro'' Rumi said.

''Shit it did not work?'' Chihiro said she thought that it was a good one. ''I will try all of my list since we have some time'' Rumi said. She went by word for word but nothing worked. Yuuko was quiet thinking.

''God, I'm sorry Chihiro nothing works, does anyone have any suggestions?'' Rumi asked feeling defeated. They had tried some Chihiro had thought of as well. Yuuko was still deep in thought.

''I think I will have to come back after lunch Chihiro, Akio could be back any minute now''. They had tried for hours to open the lock but to no use.

Yuuko checked the list one more time of all the things they had tried. She looked at the riverbank one. Her husband really loved to share the story of when she fell into the river but magically surived. The Kohaku river. Then as if lighting struck her in the head she knew the combination. She took the lock from Rumis hand and started to spell. KOHAKUKAWA *Click. The lock opened.

Rumi stared at Yuuko with her mouth wide opened. ''It is the name of the river she fell into'' Yuuko said. ''KoHaku Kawa'' Chihiro screamed out. they removed the lock and Chihiro ran out of the door. Firstly she hugged her friend. then she also hugged her mother.