16. Love is in the air

''Chihiro?'' Chihiro turned around. She saw him standing staring at her. Haku thought that she was too beautiful to be true. He did not know if her voice or her appearance were more beautiful. Well he knew that her heart was most beautiful but except for that.

He felt guilt as he saw the pain in her eyes. Had he caused this. He had never know for sure if she liked him or not and since he did not want to force her to a life in the spirit world he had decided to not act on his own feeling. But by trying not to hurt her he had been hurting her even more. ''Haku if you do not have anything to say it is fine, I will attend the ball now'' She started to walk but he grabbed her arm as she passed him.

''Chihiro'' he said again. She looked at him still pain in her gaze. ''Haku stop playing with me. You wanted me to come here but you have not looked at me a single time, you have been to busy with someone else!'' Chihiro screamed with tears running from her eyes, she hoped that no one else could hear them. ''If you wanted to bring me here to prove a point, mission complete! I get it you love someone else'' Chihiro said she was feeling embarrassed about her more or less confessing her love to him in front of everyone.

''Chihiro do you think I love someone else?'' He asked shocked that she ever could think that he wanted anyone more than he wanted her. Even though he had tried to hide it, he knew that he was clumsy and had been very obvious with his feelings.

''You have been with someone else the whole night Haku, do not come to me and say that you care about my feelings after that''. Haku looked shocked at Chihiro, could she possibly like him too? He never thought that it was possible but maybe?

''Chihiro, Do you like me?'' He asked her in a serious tone looking straight into her furious eyes.

Chihiro could not believe that he dared to ask her that. But she was to furious to think straight and answered him truthfully. ''Of corse I do Haku are you stupid or something?'' The anger made her confess to things she never would have had otherwise. Haku was shocked he never thought that she liked him back. He wrapped his arms around her and hold her tight to his body. ''Oh Chihiro you know that I only love you right?''

Chihiro was shocked by his words. What did he mean love her? If he did why had he been with someone else, and also HE WAS A GOD! ''No you do not'' Chihiro said pushing him a way, but he did not let go of her. ''Chihiro I love you'' he said lauder this time. Chihiro could hear the whole room gasp. ''Haku...'' Chihiro had calmed down and her frustration changed to shock. She still denied it, he could not love her. She knew that at least. Maybe he was confused or he tried to get rid of that girl from before. Oh yeah, the girl from before Chihiro thought.

''What about your girlfriend'' Chihiro said looking into Hakus eyes. She was wondering if she looked as confused as she felt. ''I do not have one Chihiro, I thought you would know that''. He said he was still holding her around her waist. ''But the white ghost?'' Chihiro said accidentally using the term Boh had used. ''You mean Seia? She is just someone we are working with currently I brought her here for work reasons. It was also a good way to keep myself away from you''. Haku said. ''Away...?''. Chihiro could not stop being confused when he was so confusing.

''Chihiro I have had a very hard time to keep myself away from you as you may have noticed. Either way I did not think you possible would like me too so to keep myself from making a mistake that would make you leave me, even as a friend I tried to keep myself away from you tonight''. He started. ''But you are very eye catching and I got irritated as soon as anyone started talking with you and then you went on stage and everyone were looking at you!'' Haku growled a little low angry about the thought of other men coming for his woman.

Chihiro finally started to realise what he was saying. ''So you do like me?'' Chihiro said once again. She needed to be absolute sure so she did not embarrass herself. ''Ogino Chihiro I love you, I always have and I always will''. He said the crowed gasped again. ''Maybe we should go to a place a bit more private'' he suggested but before he could move Chihiro threw her arms around him. They stood there hugging each other for a while. Rin tried to take the attention away from the couple. ''Okay, show's over now let's dance'' The band started to play. ''Maybe you two do not want to stand in the middle of the stage all night?'' She told them as she walked by. Chihiro started to blush. Haku grabbed her hand and led her outside on the balcony. They sat down on a bench nearby.

''Your singing was amazing Chihiro I never knew that you could sing like that'' He said amazed with his beautiful human. ''I am glad that I can surprise you'' She answered shortly. ''So what now?'' She asked while looking at him. ''Well everyone knows that I love you now so no girls will come after me anymore which means that you have to stay with me'' he said jokingly.

''But Haku...'' Chihiro started but stoped as she thought that she maybe did not want to hear the answer. ''What is it Chihiro? You know that you can ask me anything right?'' He said grabbing her hand a little harder. ''It is just that...Rin told me..'' Chihiro started but stoped again. ''What?'' He said trying to read her expression. ''She said that you are a god. Is that true?'' Chihiro finally asked. ''I am''. He said waiting for her to say something else but nothing came out of her. He realised that that was the question. ''Does it matter to you?'' He asked her not sure what she meant with it. ''Well gods should not be with humans...'' she said looking down towards their connected hands.

''Chihiro if I am a god or not matters not, I love you no matter what. I just hope that you want me too and it seems like you do...'' He started trailing of. ''If I am not good enough for you and you want a human boy I would understand. Do not feel forced to be with me just because I want you I will still stay your friend''. he said a bit worried about hearing her respond. She just looked at him dumbfounded.

''Are you seriously thinking that I ever would want anyone else?'' She asked being a little irritated that he could think that. ''Well, so am I free to assume that you like me back? Even though such a thing is very rare?'' He asked with a smile. ''yes of corse Haku!'' He lent in and kissed her forehead and stood up.

Could I please have the next dance? He asked as he dragged her up from the seat. He guided her into the crowed. Everyone was dancing now they watched the couple as they walked in. Dancing with Haku was like benign in a dream. She never knew that dancing could be this much fun.

Zeniba came up to them after awhile to congratulate them. ''Finally you confessed your love to each other'' she said with a huge smile covering her huge face. ''How could I not when she is looking like this?'' Haku said and kissed her head he could not keep himself from her anymore no matter who was watching. Chihiro blushed a bit, why was he like this in front of her grandmother? They had not even been together for an hour yet.

It is all because the beautiful dress you made granny'' Chihiro said she truly felt beautiful in it and it gave her confident. ''The dress is beautiful'' Haku said, ''But the woman wearing it is even more beautiful''. Chihiro blushed even more now and Zenibas smile almost reached to the other side of her head. ''Well I should not disturb you two anymore'' she said and walked away happily.

''Haku calm down a bit, you are way to touchy to only have been my...eh...'' She did not know what to call him. Boyfriend sounded wrong but what else was he? ''Boyfriend'' He finished her sentence for her. ''Right'' she said trying to compose her thoughts. ''Anyway we have not been together for even an hour yet so maybe cool down a little?'' She said. ''Do you dislike me touching you?'' He asked. She shook her head. ''Well then I don't see the problem. I have waited way too long to be with you and I really could not care less about who is watching. Yubaba left when you started to sing already, not that I would mind her watching but I thought that maybe you would''.

Chihiro did not want him to stop holding on to her but it was a little embarrassing. ''Do you really want me to stop?'' he asked turning her around. He looked into her eyes, he could not believe how lucky he was. ''Should we leave the ball?'' He asked. ''Like that would not make people talk'' Chihiro said with a smirk. ''As I told you, I could not care less about that, so shall we go?'' Chihiro nodded. She had enjoyed the ball but now she would not mind some alone time with her new ''boyfriend''.