Forgiveness

"Kenma!"
Kuroo shouted after Kenma, hoping that the other would acknowledge him. Lucky for him, Kenma didn't completely ignore him and turned around.

"What do you want Kuroo..."
"Kenma, I'm sorry. You were right, and I shouldn't have said all those things. I'm really sorry, so can you please give me a 2nd chance? I promise I won't mess up again, so I'm begging you Kenma, please give me another shot."

Kenma was faced with a difficult decision. He could forgive Kuroo, and things would maybe go back to how they used to be, but maybe we this whole fiasco would repeat itself. Kenma didn't have it in his heart to put his emotions at risk like that again.

"Kuroo... I'm sorry."
"What...?"
"I'm sorry, but I can't just easily forgive you like this. You hurt me Kuroo. I went into a state of depression that hasn't happened since before I even knew you. The things you said, that's what you really feel isn't it? You were just too scared to say it to me until I pissed you off. So no, I don't forgive you, because clearly you're just like everyone else."

Kuroo was in a state of shock. Slowly, tears started streaming down his face. In one week, he had lost both his lover and his best friend.

As Kenma walked away, he said one thing to himself. "Sorry Shoyo, you were right, but I can't forgive people as fast as you...but even if he's like everyone else, I still can't help but love him..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forgiveness.
Can you imagine.
If you see him in the streets,
Talking by himself,
Walking by himself,
Have pity.
He's going through the unimaginable.
If you see him in the park,
Long after dark,
Taking in the sights of the city ,
He's going through the unimaginable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forgiveness
It's something that can't be given
It has to be earned.
Sometimes it takes a day,
In other cases it can take 3 years.
If it happens too soon,
Someone could get hurt.
If it happens too late,
Then you're the victim.
It's something that needs perfect timing.
But it hurts.
It hurts so much.
Because now I'm left alone.
Now I'm no different
from a kitten on the side of a road,
left alone to survive by myself.

As Kenma wrote this, he could feel the tears streaming down his face. He decided to just put the poem in his box, then cry himself to sleep.

A/N
1. sorry for the short chapter
2. Yes I did put Hamilton lyrics, the song is called "It's quiet uptown"
3. If you think this angst is bad wait till next chapter. ;)