Future

TW : Yelling and su!c!de

It had been 3 years since their 1st date. In these 3 years, Kuroo had graduated University and gained an extremely well paying job, it was actually enough to by them a house instead of their apartment. Kenma, having given up his online studies long ago, decided to post play through of his video games on YouTube. He even attended some competitions, all of which he won without trying.

They were doing amazingly well, Kenma had given up all thoughts of suicide and was now deemed mentally healthy. His love for Kuroo, and Kuroo's love for Kenma, had only grown in these 3 years. So much in fact, that a certain bed head was soon planning on making them permanent. Little did they know, someone was going to try and break that happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a normal day, just like any other. Kuroo was on his way home, excited to see his little kitten and tell him that he got a few days off. He was just minding his own business, when suddenly someone pushed him against the wall...

And kissed him.

He was so confused, and immediately shoved them off of him. Then he saw who it was.

Tsukishima Kei.

The exact person who cheated on him had assaulted him on the streets. Kuroo didn't have the time for this, so he just spat at Tsukki, said "don't touch me," then left. Tsukishima's expression was utter shock, he truly thought that Kuroo would want him back. He wouldn't give up that easily though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuroo had just arrived home from work, the nice smell of dinner making its way through the house. His encounter from earlier was still on his mind, but we decided to ignore it and go see his kitten.

"Kenma, I'm home."
"Welcome back, how was work?"
"It was good, how was your day?"
"Same as usual, now go take a shower and dinner will be ready by the time you're done."
"Okay, love you Kitten."
"I love you too but don't call me that!"
Kuroo's derpy laughter rang throughout the house as he went to take a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now after dinner, and Kuroo decided to tell Kenma about his sudden encounter.

"Kenma, something happened on my way home from work today, and I want you to remember what I've been through, and that I'll never put you through that, ok?"
"Ok then, what happened that made you get all serious?"
"I ran int-" Kuroo was cut off by someone ringing the door bell. He questioned who it could be, seeing as it was already late. Kenma started to stand up, but Kuroo decided that he would check instead.

Last warning before heavy cursing, there will be a summary of what happened in the next side chapter.

"Hello, who-" Kuroo was silenced by the feeling of someone else's lips on his. He always had quick reactions from volleyball, so he immediately shoved the person off of him. The thud of the other person hitting the ground was quite loud, causing Kenma to run to the door. He immediately saw Tsukishima in the ground, and Kuroo extremely angry. The only time that Kenma could remember Kuroo this angry was when he accused Tsukki himself of cheating. Except this was 10x worse.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME YOU BASTARD." Kuroo was blind with rage.
"Kuroo please calm down..."
"Kenma don't worry about this, it's actually what I was going to talk about before this smug bastard rang the bell. He assaulted me on my way home from work as well."
"Tsukishima, why? It's been a long time, so why would you come now? You cheated on Kuroo, so why do you want him back now? What happened to Yamaguchi?" Kenma wanted to be the reasonable person here since Kuroo sure as hell wouldn't.

Tsukishima was silent after that.

"Answer the question." Kuroo was getting impatient.
"...don't..."
"Huh? Maybe a little louder this time dipshit?"
.
..
...
..
.
"I said don't you dare speak his name you fucker!"

This surprised the 2 very much. Tsukishima had been quiet for the most part, until they mentioned Yamaguchi.

"What? Did something happen to that bitch you decided to cheat on me with?" Kuroo was going to expose this weakness. He didn't care if Tsukki has a breakdown, he deserved it. Kenma on the other hand was much more forgiving.

"What happened to Yamaguchi?"
"I said don't speak his name! Pathetic people like you don't deserve to talk about him. He was an angel, but he had to..."
"What happened?"
.
.
..
..
...
...

"He had to die..."

Suddenly everyone was quiet, including Kuroo.

"What..." Kenma was shocked. He remembers Shoyo saying that he never had contact with Tsukki or Yams after Highschool, but he never would've thought that the latter was dead.

"Tsukishima, taking you're anger out on others won't make you happy. Only you can do that, so please, Yamaguchi wouldn't want this. Make a good life for yourself. I know it's hard, I've been through it, but it'll be worth it. Who knows, maybe you'll find someone else." Kenma was winging it at this point, hoping he would strike a chord with Tsukki .

Slowly, Tsukishima stood up, turned the corner, and walked down the street. Kuroo and Kenma were left wondering what became of the tall blonde. It was only until 3 days later, when a news channel reported that a man by the name of Tsukishima Kei was found dead at the same bridge Kenma tried to end everything on as well, except no one was there to save him.

A/N Yes I did just kill Yams. The next chapter will be a short side chapter and will shed light on Tsukki and Yamaguchi's deaths. After that though, we have 2 chapters and an epilogue, so this story is coming to a close very soon. The poem for this chapter will be in the side chapter as well, as I couldn't find a good spot to fit it in this chapter but I have a good one for the next. :)