Why

TW : Su!c!de, Mention of SH, and d3pr3ss!on

3 years. 3 whole years. In this time, both Kuroo and Kenma have graduated, all without ever making up. After their argument, Kuroo never tried to talk to Kenma again. He knew that begging was pointless, so he never tried. Kuroo eventually got over Tsukki, but not a day went by that he wouldn't think of Kenma. He had actually went to college, going for a degree in chemistry. He lived on his own, had a sustainable job, and was all around doing fine.

The same couldn't be said for Kenma. His parents had forced him out of the house, and he had decided to do online schooling. He doesn't even know how he graduated high school, the only reason he was passing before was because of Kuroo. Now he lives on his own, in a small 1 bedroom apartment, and he hardly ever eats. Those 3 years he relied heavily on Shoyo for mental support, and now that Shoyo left to go study abroad, Kenma was left alone. He had no one, and along that lonely road, developed some bad habits. He began cutting, ate even less, and rarely got sleep. His grades started to slip as well, seeing as he only played video games all day. Unlike Kuroo, Kenma wasn't doing fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was it. He would end it all now. All the mockery, the emotions, insecurity, it's all going to be gone after today. And along with that, Kenma Kozume would also no longer exist.

He stood there, on the edge of the railing on a bridge. It was quite a long walk, it took several hours considering how large Tokyo is, but he didn't want to drive. It'd just be more of a mess for another person.

He could hear other cars driving by, not bothering to stop the boy. Well, all except 1, but Kenma didn't hear that car stop. He didn't hear them scream his name, or their frantic footsteps to make it in time. Instead, he took one last breath, and then... he jumped. He saw the ocean and sunset, quite a beautiful last sight. Except it wasn't. One moment he was falling, the next someone had grabbed his hand. And when he looked up...

"...Kuroo...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuroo lifted up Kenma from the side of the bridge, immediately noticing that the boy was a lot lighter then he should be.

"Kenma, why would you do that?!? Kenma!" You could hear the frantic worry in Kuroo's voice, even though they never made up after their argument 3 years ago, Kuroo still cared for Kenma. Though, it seemed that Kenma had already fallen asleep in his arms. Kuroo was worried for the worse, that Kenma had taken pills before jumping, but that wasn't the case. He had walked all the way here, and there was no pill bottle in his hoodie. All he had was his phone, and a note that truly scared Kuroo.

Why?
Why should I want to live?
All they do is mock me,
Insult me,
Stone me,
So why should I want to live?
For my friends?
Ha, they all left me.
For love?
Pathetic.
No one could love a soul as hopeless as me.
For the Future?
There is no future for someone like me.
For myself?
I was broken a long time ago.
So why should I want to live?
There is no reason.
So to whoever reads this,
Know that I had nowhere to go
And that I hope my soul can finally rest soon.

Soon the note was wet with Kuroo's tears, as he held the still alive, but exhausted, Kenma in his arms, and slowly walked back to his car, determination on his face. He would give Kenma a reason to live.

A/N this chapter was hard to write, but after the next chapter things get a bit fluffier. (There's still angst it hurt my soul planning it)