Help

TW: SH

As soon as Kenma woke up, he was extremely confused. It wasn't until he and Kuroo locked eyes that the events of yesterday flooded back to him, and tears were streaming down his face once again.

"Why..."
"Huh?"
"Why did you help me?"
"Kenma I don't know what you're asking me-"
"Why couldn't you just let me die! These last 3 years have been worse then hell, and no one ever cared, so why?!? What do you see in me that makes you think I want to live?!?"

"Kenma... There's a lot I regret from these past 3 years. The biggest would be never making up with you after our argument. After seeing you on the bridge, everything kinda became a blur. One moment I was driving, the next you were in my hands. Please Kenma, don't ever try something like that again, and please, give me a second chance. I promise you I'll give you a reason to live."

Kenma was desperate. Desperate for someone to rely on, and someone to care for him. After these 3 years, he was willing to forgive.

"...ok."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a month so far since that conversation. Kuroo was always checking in on Kenma when he had time off from his work and University. Kenma was doing much better then before, he had gained some wait, gotten sleep, and his apartment didn't look like a blanket burrito building station. There was one thing that Kuroo didn't know about though, and it hasn't gotten any better.

The cutting.

Kenma tried stopping himself, but it had become habit at this point. He had always worn oversized hoodies, so it wasn't hard to cover up. But that would soon change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuroo was stopping at Kenma's place to pick him up so they could go to Kuroo's together. He was always happier having the pudding around, it was different then other friends though. He felt like he was on cloud nine, or that butterflies practically lived in his stomach. He couldn't quite put a name on the emotion however... well that's besides the point.

Kuroo pulled out his spare key that Kenma had given him. He was significantly earlier today then the other days he came by, mostly because he was able to get off work faster.

"KENMA, IM HERE TO GO TO MY PLACE!"

There was no answer, Kuroo assumed that the smol cat was probably asleep, even though it was late afternoon.

"KENMA!"

Still no answer. Kuroo suddenly had a bad feeling about this.

"KENMA?"

Kuroo slowly crept up the stairs, and was now opening the bedroom door. He still didn't see the other boy anywhere. He searched around a bit, and found something that grabbed his attention...

Help
It's something I desperately need
I don't care from who
I don't care from where
I just want to know that someone cares

The poem ended there. Incomplete in Kuroo's opinion, but it looked recent. The graphite from the pencil still fresh. That's when it caught his eye, the light from the bathroom. Kuroo had a sudden queasiness in his stomach.

"Kenma..?"

Once he opened the door, he was met with a horrifying sight. There was Kenma, on the bathroom floor, sickly pale and thin, crimson blood flowing from a multitude of cuts on his arm. Kuroo screamed at the sight, then suddenly ran to Kenma to check for a heart beat.

thump...thump...

Slow, but it was still there, followed by shallow breathing. Kuroo called an ambulance, and once he explained the situation, they came immediately. He was going to make sure Kenma lived, even if it was the last thing he did.

A/N Things get less harsh from here, there will be a lot more fluff here on out. That doesn't mean there won't be angst, I've got plans to also some of you cry, but there will be some added fluff. :)