Love

Kuroo didn't know what to do at this point. He knew that he felt something for Kenma, but he didn't know if he was ready for another chance at love. Even in all these 3 years, Kuroo never got another lover. He was still scared that he would be betrayed, just like what Tsukki did to him. He never put his heart at risk again, but after a lot of thinking, he came to the conclusion that maybe he was finally ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks. That's all it took for Kuroo to become absolutely infatuated with Kenma. Everything about him, from his now blonde hair (after watching the movie, Kenma wanted to dye it again), his video game addiction, and even his quiet personality was all like a drug to Kuroo, and he couldn't get enough.

After a while, he started wondering if he should confess. Kenma had been living with him for 2 weeks, and they'd made up a month before that, so they were pretty much inseparable. When people saw them together, they actually assumed that they were a couple. They both blushed at the thought, then a thought crossed Kuroo's mind. Could Kenma like him back?

He marked it off as absurd, but then he started thinking a bit more. About how when someone made a joke about them being together, Kenma had a bright red blush on his face, or how Kuroo had seen Hinata's smirks directed at Kenma when he tried to give affection to the smol cat. Maybe, just maybe, Kenma liked him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bro, I don't know what to do. How did you confess to Akaashi?" It was 3 days later, and Kuroo wanted to confess to Kenma. Most people would think it was too soon, but considering they'd known eachother since elementary and they lived together, Kuroo thought it was about time. So of course, he rang up his best bro Bokuto to ask for help, seeing as him and Akaashi had gotten together around 2 years ago.

"Just tell him how you feel bro."
"But HOW bro?"
"Idk, it's Kenma we're talking about, maybe play video games then ask him out or something bro."
"Bro that's not a bad idea."
"See bro, I got you covered."
"Thanks bro."
"You're welcome bro."
"Bro ur my meow."
"Bro ur my hoot."
"BROOOOOOO"
"BROOOOOOO"

Kuroo could only wish he saw the disgust on Akaashi's face as he heard this conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Kuroo gathered up the courage to ask Kenma for a video game night. Kenma happily agreed, and started pulling out a few games for them to play together. Super Smash bro's ultimate, Mario cart 8 deluxe, call of duty, and animal crossing new horizons just to name a few.

Lucky for Kuroo, today was a meteor shower on animal crossing. He thought it would be perfect, so he (and Kenma as well bc they're on the same console) went up to a nice spot on the beach, looked up at the sky, and then Kuroo decided to ask the question.

"Hey Kenma."
"Yes?"
"Can I ask you something?" No going back now.
"Sure, what is it?"

"We've known eachother for a long time. During those 3 years, there wasn't a day I didn't think about you. I could never get another lover, because I was scared. Scared that they would betray me in the end. But now, I think, no, I know I'm willing to give dating another shot. So Kenma, will you be my player 2?"

Kuroo looked away from the screen, and when he did, he saw Kenma crying. He frantically thought for a way to cover this up, maybe pass it by as a joke, but then he was reassured that he made the right choice to confess when Kenma jumped into his arms.

"Yes, you idiot."

It was then that they leaned in for a soft kiss, the game forgotten, but several shooting stars occurring in the background, almost acknowledged their love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love
I never knew it until now.
I thought that it was a myth.
Something made up
to make people want to break their hearts.
But now I see different.
It's like a drug.
It's warm atmosphere,
The fuzzy feelings inside of me,
And the wonderful person I feel it for.
I can never get enough.
That's what love is to me.
Something that can make me smile,
No matter what.

Kenma put the poem away, and told himself to actually get sleep tonight, because tomorrow, he would go on his 1st date with Kuroo.

A/N Did I just write a confession using animal crossing? Absolutely.

The Poet {KuroKen}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara