Chapter 8

Oh, my god! Exams! Tomorrow!

...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Exams! In an hour!! I think as I wolf down my toast, eggs and pure orange juice, placing the dishes in the sink, halfway washing them, halfway leaving them, and popping a mint into my mouth.

"Mama, I have to go now." I tell her as she finished reading her Quran and sighs, kissing my forehead.

"Inshallah you will do so good, I believe in you. And most of all I believe in Allah." She smiles and Sahib captures a picture of her crying in joy.

"Sahib!!" We both screech. He chuckles, amused at his greatness, and then has a change of mind as he comes to wrap his arms around me.

"Good luck, inshallah Allah will make your exams easy." He grins. "Shall I let you drive today, or should I?"

"I think you can. I'll die of nervousness." I genuinely inform my brother.

"Don't say that, you won't. I bet you inshallah you'll get As," baba kisses my hair before we leave and I flop into the front seat of the car as Sahil flops beside me.

...

My heart beats faster every second as I take the paper exam from the teacher and she explains some things before letting us start. So far it's easy, but I'm at the bad part, which I think I will get lower marks but no, I will try my best.

The exam is for a few periods which leads to 3 hours. I sigh as I get up from my seat and hand in my exam. Asma screeches slightly as we enter the caf with our lunches.

"I think I'll get a good mark over all," I conclude, biting my lip.

"Yes, me too." Asma hopefully adds. "We've studied so hard for the past few months. We deserve this. The questions weren't that hard, and I'm glad it's mostly over. We'll get good grades, promise."

"Inshallah" we both giggle and say and unison.

...

"Abdullah, thank you from rescuing me from that torture of the exams." I shudder as he smirks. We are at dinner since mom was forcing me so much.

"I know the feeling," he replies. "Wifey, are you excited for our engagement in a few weeks?"

"Oh I so am!! Do you want to order?" I add. He gazes at me, and crookedly smiles which makes me go whoosh into love world.

"Iqra?" He laughs. I blush hard.

"Don't worry, I gaze into your emerald eyes and I find myself astonished, too. Now let's order." He reminds me sweetly.

We eat and talk excitedly as I also sneak glances at the little Mexican restaurant. It's cozy as hell and I haven't discovered it before, but it's hella cute and it's food is delicious. I don't know why the Muslim lady from next door is sitting a couple of tables away, but even if it was a plan, I really don't care. It's not like Abdullah and I are doing anything haram at the moment. Yes, we're having dinner, but there are so many people in the busy restaurant we are lost in the whirl of each other and our food.

"Well I guess I'll see you later, habibti?" He grins. I smirk. He pays the bill and walks behind me slightly as we exit into the parking lot and to my car. We didn't come together, so that's one thing. I thought it would be too awkward. And so we part ways for the night.

"Yes, alahafiz." I giggle and slam the car door close, and drive in a frenzy on the way to my house. I'm giddy and super happy. I then get inside my house as Mama giggles and floods me with kisses and hugs.