Chapter 14

" I can't wait for the trip!" I tell Abdullah.

" me too, by the way it's getting kind of colder here. Good thing we are leaving. " Abdullah replies , sipping his tea.

"That's true. Now let's finish packing!" I sip my tea and put the cup on my bedside table.

He nods and we finish packing. Three days left, until I leave. For honeymoon.
Yay!

...

I gulp down my juice excitedly as Abdullah, Sahil baba mad uncle help load the luggage in the car.

The drive is a bit long to Airport. We live in Canada so it's mildly warm since summer has approached but soon is saying its goodbyes.

We are going through Emirates, even though I told Abdullah not to. He refused. The good thing is Yahya, Abdullah's friend is basically the owner of this airline, so it's halal.

I say my salams to my family as they wave and we walk to the counter where you find the tickets to be printed. After printing the tickets, we quietly wait in the waiting area which is pretty cool to be honest. It has huge windows and comfy couches.

Abdullah takes my hand and I rest my head on his shoulders. A few hours. Perfection with your bae.

...

I try to sleep but can't. I give up and try watching some tv but it doesn't help my excited mood to run around and scream. Paris, here we come.

Abdullah is fast asleep on the seat beside me. The lights are dimmed and most people are sleeping.

I go to the washroom and lock the door. It's so conjusted and I'm afraid somebody will open the door. But they can't.

As I flush the toilet I wonder where all the, things go.. Blah.

I look myself in the mirror and almost scream. That's me! And Abdullah saw me like this! Woah. My hijab is loose and the hairs are out mostly. Astaghfirallah, wow. Men saw some pieces of my hair. I shake my head and fix my hijab and then smooth out my clothes. I put some concealer on and then I put some perfume and lotion. I also whudu and I pray my prayers in a little corner, even though I don't know the qibla properly and I don't even know if it's proper. But Allah sees your intention, it's okay.

...

"Wow, this place is very nice." I tell Abdullah as we unpack a bit. The room is like a suite basically. A kitchen, a huge bedroom with a beautiful view of greenery and the Eiffel Tower. Oh la la, cest tres beau.

There is also and attached bathroom and it's pretty big, and there's another small bathroom in the living area. It's basically like a suite.

We put the suitcases back in the closet, giving up. I rest on the bed tiredly as everything seems fuzzy like a dream and bright like a light.

"Jet lagged, " Abdullah expressed as he lies down beside me.

"A little rest won't hurt.." I murmur as we drift off the sleep.

...

I wake up to my alarm for fajr. After reluctantly getting out of bed with Abdullah we both pray then go back to bed.

In the real morning, basically afternoon, we awaken again. This time I don't leave the bed and watch some tv .

After getting the courage I get up and make some omelette and me and Abdullah grab some croissants and English muffins and coffee. How fresh.
We talk a bit but mostly stare at each other's ugly faces, cause really, we look like zombies. Me but he looks like a hot zombie. I blush at the thought as Abdullah naturally takes his fingers through his hair.

After eating we pray our prayers and read some Quran but soon fall asleep.

Jet lag sucks.

...

FEW WEEKS LATER

Finally the jet lag has worn off and I know some places around here. We decide to go to the Eiffel Tower today. I wear a light blue and brown sundress and brown flats with blue eyeshadow. I add some mascara and eyeliner along with my fav pink lipstick.

"This is so pretty." I tell Abdullah as we take selfies with the tower. A mime passes by and I've always been creeped out of those things. They're just so.. Weird. And the things they do are cool, yet creepy.

Abdullah thinks they are cool and before I can blink twice, I find myself in front of one and Abdullah takes a selfie..while the mime makes a duck face. I look like I'm going to barf in the picture.

I pull away but he frowns and I'm stuck. The mime does things with the air and Abdullah sees my expression and laughs but softy and takes me away. the mime tried to follow us but he just waves.

As we reach a cafe and I finally get my hands on some coffee I relax.

"Afraid of mimes? I used to be and still am, but I faced my fears." Abdullah smiles softly. The Coffee warms up my senses and relaxes me. How does Abdullah know me so well?

" I'm too chicken." I shake my head as he chuckles and takes my hand with love and adoration in his eyes.

"Really?" He teases, and then I snarl at him, which makes him back away.

"Calm down, Iqra." He chuckles, and props on his elbows while sipping his coffee, the sound of birds chirping and his breath, and the sound of a few cars, the wind whooshing, people faintly laughing and slurping their drinks in the cafe.

"You know, sometimes I get frustrated with you." Abdullah starts, and I arch an eyebrow. "I can't seem to find the 'MADE IN HEAVEN' tag on you!" He pouts.

His pout doesn't make me laugh, but his statement does. He slurps his coffee and I bite my lip, leaning against the table as people watch. I ignore the gazes at us and prop closer.

"You should stop. Because, Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream." I recite my favourite diss and lyric from Taylor swift, and with that, I leave his eyes wide open, the people grinning, and swing my leg over the chair, walking off into the distance.

...