Chapter 22

Theye and Thia gasp at his sudden entrance and his arm around a lady. Hashim hasn't changed at all, the same beady eyes and muscular figure all ahead of me, but astagfirallah who is she?

"Hi everyone. This; this is Zara, my wife." He looks at us with his dark eyes once again as the shock stays in the pit of our stomachs before gently I am the first one to say "asalam Hashim, Zara." And everyone looks at me like I'm a fool but somebody had to start the conversation so I did. Hashims face was the same. It seemed as if his smile was fading faster by the second.

Zara, his wife, wore a tight shirt with a little fancy scarce around her neck and tight jeans and her orange ish brown hair in its soft curls. She was pretty but astagfirallah she needed to put clothes on. Hers indicated she was.. A non Muslim. I never even knew . Her whole arms showed and her jeans carved up all her figure altogether.

After a few more moments of silence and then thia nods knowingly.

"Oh so you decide to marry, huh? All this time you told us you were busy in work and we believed you, but oh no he was hanging with a lady that- ugh." Thia snaps.

"You never realized what you did, eh? Our only son, I thought we would celebrate your wedding with joy and have a daughter in law in the house and not be lonely. But you choose one yourself, mhm nice going. Not even one call asking for our blessing! Not even a permission! A single notice so maybe we could - haha attend your wedding! But no, oh no, he wanted to do this himself." Thia adds.

" didn't even think of us once. Well welcome home for your information." Ayesha nods and then leaves the room, her stomach sticking out and Hashim looks at everyone in shame.

Theye is saying none but her eyes tell that she never expected her son to be this way.

"We- we trusted you, we left you to go because we knew you wanted it. Well I guess we never knew.." Theye stutters finally, and without another word, leaves the room.

...

The awkward silence was too much.. Then I was the one to stay and then leave last.. I felt bad, but weirded out.

"Well, that was dumb of Hashim to do.. " Abduallah shakes his head while putting Manahil in her room and joining me on the sofa.

I sip my tea and nod. "Well enough of that, that's just awkward." I laugh and he does too, then we start our convo in how he didn't change much and then back to memories from our honeymoon.

At 1 am we slept.

...