єριℓσυgє

Asalam Aliakum guys this is Hamna and I guess I thought I would tell you guys what happened to Iqra and Hashim. So here you go!

...

I slowly made my way to the dining room and shyly blushed and looked down. "Come sit, beta." Mama ushered me quickly and smiled, she knew what was coming up.

Theye smiled slightly but I was looking down the whole time, fiddling with the ends of my hijab. I just started wearing it, a few weeks ago, and I was having a tough time at school and a little at home, my family members were a bit surprised . "We er have come for Humaira's hand in marriage. " humaira is my cousin. And.... Oh god!

"Can we uh know the reason why.. Why you don't want Iqra as your daughter in law as you always did?" Baba asks disappointedly.

"Because, I dislike hijab she started to wear. She looks way better without it." Hashim says, and I don't care anymore. Fresh tears run down my cheeks, and I run out of the room, as voices fade and I sob into my pillow. Humaira sits lightly and I look up.

"You loved him, right? Well don't worry, I won't marry him. He hurt you anyway, and you know I like Aneel." Humaira says, and it's the truth she likes Aneel and he likes her.

"But you don't understand, that's not it. I didn't ever love Hashim. I am hurt because he rejected me because of my hijab. It's a thing muslimahs should wear." I shake my head.

"You're right.. But I don't want to start yet. " Humaira adds.

Then she leaves me to mourn on the reason, the dreadful reason. How could he reject me on that reason! I don't care if he rejected me, but because of a modest hijab and covering everyone should wear, how? How could he! It's part of Islam, smart one. I shook my head and muttered astagfirallah, and read my prayers.

...

I still am depressed about people in this generation, they don't think about the fact that THIS LIFE IS TEMPORARY!

It's a test, and The Akhira is our reward or punishment. And we should do every right thing to get the best grade. It's like school except it's real, it's the matter of life and death.

It's like.. If you get a good mark, you get a good reward from the teacher and your parents, like an iPod or a chocolate, or just a huge hug.

But if you fail, you get a dirty look from your teacher, and a spanking form your parents, or getting grounded or going through the most guilty lecture that you feel like killing yourself. That's like our life. We do good, and we get Jannah. We do bad, we get Jahanam.

But I kept these thoughts to myself.

...