Chapter 19

I wake up to Manahils crying once again. It's not so easy to take care of a child. She cries and wails. I climb out of bed with my hair in a mess and I walk like a zombie into Manahils room.

She looks at me and stops a bit but her mouth quivers . Its 1 am. Her room is painted light pink with different toys in her treasure chest of toys. Her closet has a few clothes and onesies.

I gently pick her up and feed her, change her diaper which is clean already, and put her to sleep. By that time it's 3 am.

I climb back into the soft covers, knowing I will wake up for Fajr in a few hours.

...

I wake up again for Fajr and read it and then read some Quran before going back to my warm bed. Abdullah's absence I don't mind because he is at the masjid, and I like that.

Manahil is fast asleep and I should be as well.

...

Asma smirks at me and I drink the warm hot chocolate she made. We are t her house, apartment I should say. They are living separately because they needed the space. Sarah runs with her toy car around the whole place. She's About 2 now. She talks as well.

"Khala khala!" She tells me. Khala means moms sister, aka aunt.

"Yes my beta?" I reply smiling. Manahil lays on the old crib Asma used to have.

"It's getting colder each day," Asma comments, looking out the window. It's autumn.

"Agreed," I say and then wash my cup as Asma battles with me, trying to stop me but I smirk as I know I've washed it.

She swears at me in Urdu and I grin.
"Hey, want to watch Khoopsurat Fawad Khans movie?" I say out of the blue and before I can say "fiddlesticks" she makes popcorn and puts the movie on.

...

"Mummy, today I'll make cake and biryani and we can drink seven up. Because you know what today is. " I trail off with a grin.

"Yeah, that's right...." She smiles at me.
Just that day I realize that it's Abdullah's birthday, he's turning 24 while my birthday passed months ago. I'm 22!

I bake the cake and then out the rice to boil and make the the chicken then add them together and put my secret ingredients inside.

I change into a really pretty pink and white embroider kamish shalwar. I change Manahil into a super cute purple onesie with a rose at the top and a soft headband that makes her look so pretty and take her a little bath. I put lotion on her and baby powder, her cheeks are so kissable!

I put lipstick, eyeliner , mascara, and eyeshadow before pinning my hijab in place.

As I hear that familiar twist of the front door, I hide behind the wall closest to the door.

"BOO! Happy birthday hubby!" I shout with Manahil in my arms. He looks shocked and kisses me and Manahil .

"Oh my god, asalam habibti! Thank you so much! " he kisses me again.

"Your welcome hon and Wasalam!" I kiss his forehead and then mummy and papa come.

We celebrate by eating the delicious food and then watching a movie together and talking, spending all our time together.

Mama, Baba, Sahil and Maryum Babi come today as well and we all have dinner together.

"Happy birthday!" Maryum greets with enthusiasm as we set on the sofa, face to face. "Happy birthday love!" Mom cries.