Chapter 18

I bite my lip. Sorry is what I've got to say now. Nothing other can come. I can't escalate this more than it already is. Even though I don't want to and my ego is reaching the max, I have to.

He walked right past me, and I sighed lightly. It's time. But he walks right past, to the sofa, and flips open the tv. He ignores me, and this angers me. "Ab-" I'm about to start when his phone rings. He starts talking loudly.

"Yeah, I know." He stammers. "Aw, come on, don't be mad! " he copes with someone, and I don't like the feeling about this.

I play with Manahil for a while and come back, seeing him still on the phone! His cheeks flush pink, his green eyes pinning the wall. I can't help but notice how happy he is while I'm trying to resolve this issue in between us.

"Abdullah!" I snap, causing him to jerk around, his pale green eyes glaring daggers at me.

"Oh, it was nobody." He smiles sweetly out to the phone and I stomp, which makes him slam down his phone. He quickly recovers and retrieves it. "Yeah, sorry, the connection. I'll talk to you later, okay? See you tomorrow." He chuckles and then ends the call, turning up to me.

"What was that for?!"

"You were ignoring me while I was speaking, then you picked up the call and interrupted what I was going to say." I reason.

"Well, due to your attitude I can ignore you if I like. " He growls back, and I dab my eyes, anger building up inside of me.

"I'm so hurt! Oh my god! Call the ambulance." I mutter sarcastically.

"Do you have-"

"I have. "

"Let me finish! I was on a call with my secretary, and you have no right to interrupt my job issue! Unless, that is, you want to live on the streets."

"Just stop! This is all a dumb fuss. Why are you fighting with your wife, the person you love?" I counter calmly.

He hesitates. "Because she is arguing with me." He says.

"Well, I am only because I have the right to and I think that your behaviour wasn't very polite." I shrug.

"I think your attitude isn't very polite either."

"That's your opinion." I murmur, my eyes turning glassy as I turn to the bed, throwing myself under the covers.

...

"Why are you ignoring me?" His voice calls.

"Like you were to me yesterday." I reply, calm.

"I don't like it."

"Know how I feel?"

"Fine, come here!" He points to the armchair beside the sofa and I gruffly sit on it. His pale green eyes bore into mine as he speaks. "This needs to stop."

"I know it does, and I want to resolve this stupid issue right now." I sigh.

"Me, too."

"Then please don't insult me."

"And you don't insult me." He adds.

"I won't. Let's just.. Fix things." I tell him. Just then, mummy 's voice pops up from the door.

"May I come in?"

"Yes!" I call back. She enters the room with a smile and motions to Manahil who is sleeping in her crib.

"I'll feed her the mashed potatoes I made today, and you guys also come downstairs to eat." She smiles, and I let her take Manahil with her while rushing downstairs as well, out of the tensioned atmosphere of my room.

"Iqra?" Abdullah calls, and I turn around. Mummy is in the kitchen. Uncle is near the dining room. We are alone.

"I'm sorry." He then pins me to the stairs, slowly kissing me as I wrap my arms around him, missing his hugs even though it's only been two days.

"Me, too. Sorry. Let's start over, I missed you." I mumble.

"I missed you too." He smiles, pulling away and gently taking my hand.