Moxiety

TW: Anxiety, anxiety attacks, talk about someone killing someone (he's panicking and thinks someone's going to kill him), fear of the dark. I think that's everything, but please let me know if I missed something.

Virgil sat curled up in his bed, feverishly scrolling through tumblr trying to find something to distract himself with. His anxiety had been skyrocketing since he first went to bed for no reason. Yeah, it was dark, but normally he really enjoyed the dark, so why was it affecting him so much now? He laid in bed, unable to fall asleep. Gathering his courage he slipped off the bed, shining the flashlight on his phone around the room making sure there wasn't anything there as he made his way to where his purple lava lamp sat unplugged on his desk. Quickly plugging it in he flipped the switch to turn it on.

Nothing.

He tried again.

Still nothing.

Giving up he quickly sprinted back to his bed. Trying to ignore the thoughts pounding into his head that there was someone else in the room, someone watching him, someone there to hurt him. Someone there to hurt his family. Keeping his flashlight on, he pushed himself up to the corner of the bed and pointed the light towards the rest of the room. He went back to scrolling through tumblr, glancing up every few seconds to make sure the room was still empty.

After another hour of this, his bladder began to protest. Trying to ignore it, he went back to his phone, but after a few minutes it was clear he couldn't wait. Gathering courage once again he slipped off the bed and quietly walked to the door. Opening it, and peeking his head out he looked down the hall. Seeing nothing he quickly sprinted across the hall into the bathroom, turned on the lights and shut and locked the door behind him.

He finished washing and drying his hands and reached for the doorknob when his anxiety spiked again.

Someone was outside the door. He was sure of it. He didn't know how. But there was someone outside the door ready to hurt him. Stumbling away from the door he sank to the ground in the corner and wrapped his arms around his knees trying to keep from shaking. He heard something creek somewhere in the house and let out a small gasp before quickly trying to stifle his breathing so whoever was out there wouldn't hear him.

He tried to calm himself down but with every new sound the house made he started hyperventilating again. He couldn't focus on anything on his phone anymore, so he tried music. Except he had left his headphones in his room. He tried playing something with the volume on its lowest setting but it was still too loud. What if someone heard it. What if they could see the bathroom light through the door. But he couldn't turn off the light because the dark was what was making him anxious in the first place.

Feeling tears starting to prick his eyes he tried to calm himself down, but everytime he got close he would hear another sound and start panicking again. Reaching a hand up, he twisted his fingers in the strands and started yanking. Hoping he could focus on the dull ache instead of the noises he kept hearing. Looking at his phone again, he shakily sent a text to the group chat with Logan, Roman, and Patton.

V: he are you guys awake

He stared at his phone, willing a response to pop up on his screen. A few minutes passed by with no response. He quickly wiped the tears that had spilled down his cheeks and switched to his, Deceit's, and Remus's group chat.

Raccoon: are you guys up
Raccoon: i need someone to talk to to distract myself

Virgil waited, growing more helpless with each minute that passed without a response from either group. This was stupid. He's an adult, he shouldn't be afraid of the dark. Feeling his panic rise he let out a sob, immediately clamping a hand over his mouth to stifle the noise as more tears fell down his face. He tried to get his breathing back under control but couldn't because each breath he took was too loud.

Virgil jumped violently as someone knocked on the bathroom door. Someone was there, they were going to kill him. His breathing became more labored as tears continued streaming down his face. He squeezed his eyes shut, wrapping his arms around his legs, trying to will himself to disappear.

Virgil felt a hand on his leg and jerked away, eyes snapping open. A blurry figure was crouching in front of him hands up in a non threatening manner. He stared at the person. Their chest was rising and falling slowly, but visibly. On one hand their fingers were counting in time with their breathing. First up to 4, then to 7 and finally to 8. In the distance someone was saying something, but it was too muffled to understand.

Virgil tried to match the other person's breathing, failing the first few tries, but eventually catching on. The person's words started becoming clearer, as Virgil's panic began to lessen, and his breathing became more regular. Virgil reached up, and wiped the tears out of his eyes, his vision finally focusing. He saw Patton sitting in front of him, still slowly breathing and counting. Virgil lunges forward wrapping his arms around Patton. Patton quickly returner the hug, wrapped his arms around the still trembling side.

"Hey, it's ok kiddo, you're safe." Patton whispered gently. "Want some water?" Virgil nodded and Patton summoned a glass for him. Virgil pulled away from Patton's embrace slowly and drank from the cup, gulping down the water, until it was empty.

"Want to go to bed now?" Patton asked. Virgil shook his head violently, clinging tighter onto Patton. "What if spent the night in my room?"

"You sure?" Virgil croaked.

"Yep!"

"Ok."

Together they stood up and walked to Patton's room, Virgil holding onto Patton's arm like a lifeline. Once there, they climbed onto the bed and under the covers. Virgil, sighing in relief, when Patton turned on the fairy lights that adorned his ceiling.

Patton laid down on his back, and Virgil cuddled up to his side, resting his head on Patton's chest. In turn, Patton wrapped his arms around Virgil, in a loose, but still comforting hold.

"Night, Virgil. Love you."

"Night, Pat, Love you too."

Me writing a vent fic? Never!

Anyway, I hope y'all like this! If you saw any typos, don't be afraid to point them out so I can fix them!

Sorry for the wait, my creativity and motivation would just give up halfway through whatever fic I was working on, which makes it really hard to finish.

Anyway, please request! It makes my day!

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THOMAS! He's not going to see this, but I'm still gonna say it. 😂

Peace Out!