Chapter 9

"Hey class I know this is your first day, but the principal has an idea for school bonding...if that's what you want to call it." The professor nodded. The class burst in whispers and murmurs. They were all wondering what it could be but Anna already knew. She sat at a desk in the front of the class. On her left was James and on her right Kristen. To the right of Kristen was Coby. In the row behind them sat a disgruntled Karsen and Darrick. Both sat there with their arms crossed.

Earlier both boys had been fighting who was to sit next to Anna. Eventually they reached an agreement. There was a desk on each side so it would work out. However it was too late for them because James and Kristen had already taken their spots. Both of them in defeat had to sit in the row behind him.

(Pov change)

"What do you think we could be doing?" James whispered in my ear.

"I have no idea. I hope it's something fun!" I smiled back whispering to him. I felt a weird aura behind me and turned around quickly to see it suddenly gone and both boys looking away from each other. Um okay then....

I turned back and focused on the professor on his phone.

"I'm on a group call with other teachers and the principal. We are having a large school camping outing." I heard groans from across the room, complaining.

"Hey quiet!" He sighed. "Ugh okay so each grade will go to a different area. The areas are..." He trailed off listening more intently to his phone.

"Where do you think they are?" James whispered.

"Trust me if I knew...." I trailed off. I did know though.

"Leaf Bay...." The professor speaks up. Some students start murmuring again. Leaf Bay is one of the more ideal places, probably. It's near a beach so there is that.

"Orendale.." He continued. The students became quiet around this point. Ordendale a secluded small island.

"Scalerton..." A normal forest....

"and Baxtenburg." He finishes. Another normal forest.

"I hope it is Orendale...do you see my complexion? I'm in total need for a tan!" James whined.

"Yeah totally..." I mumbled. It wasn't going to be Orendale, it was going to be Scalerton. In the story Kristen gets some kind of sauce sprayed on her. She finds a stream and takes her shirt off there to try and clean it. Eventually Mary, Kelley, and well I, find her and shove her in. Kristen is now drenched and sitting in the river. However instead of crying or getting upset, she brushes her wet hair out of the way of her blue eyes. It was one of those slow mo moments where she looks like a model. I think this is where Darrick first meets her actually. He's avoiding some fans of his or something and sees Kristen sitting there. He flunks she's an angel at first but then they make eye contact. He falls for her beautiful eyes and her silky bleach blonde hair.

Unconsciously I found myself grabbing a strand of my hair, studying it. Frizzy, strawberry blonde, I look more like the devil than an angel. I smiled softly and laughed.

"What are you laughing about?" James asked, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"I just thought of something funny..." I murmured covering my mouth.

"Anna what's your middle name Stafford tell meeeee" He whined.

"Nope." I smiled and made a shush motion over my mouth. He frowned and crossed his arms like a pouting child. I couldn't help but slightly giggle at that.

"So class when we go on the trip I will be your group guide, since I am your home room teacher. We will provide you with sleeping bags, but I would like you all to pack a few pairs of comfortable clothes to wear. We will meet in this classroom at the same time as usual, with your stuff, and we will board the bus to get there." He smiled. In the story Mary, Kelley and I refused to get on a bus and went by limo instead. All the class erupted in more whispers. Most of them being how they didn't want to go on the bus. I glanced over to Kristen who seemed at the edge of her seat, being that excited. Of course she is, she is the heroine after all. I bit at my nail. What is going to happen.