Chapter 12

That was a strange scene....I thought to myself, picking up the sticks I had dropped earlier.

"That was strange." Darrick spoke up, standing beside me.

"Yeah I agree..." I mumbled nodding in agreement.

"Here let me take those for you." He said taking my sticks from my hand. "I think we have enough to go back now." He nodded to me.

"I could've carried those." I protested.

"You've been really out of it so I don't want to push you." He smiled kindly.

"T-thanks..." I smiled sheepishly.

-

(POV change)

The girl didn't realize it herself but her ears were red. She kept her eyes low when walking, still in thought about Evan and what had happened back there.

Darrick look down at her with a gentle smile before widening his eyes at a boy running towards them.

"Annaaaaaa~" The unfamiliar boy whined.

"U-um Anna?" Darrick poked her. She didn't pay much attention, but looked up tilting her head slightly. It was much too late though because the small girl was tackled to the ground by the unfamiliar boy.

Anna was on her back completely on the groun. She lifted her head slightly to see the boy with his arms wrapped around her waist and his face burrowed in her chest. Her eyes widened and her face flushed red in anger.

"G-get off me!" She yelled.

"Anna you're so cruel! You haven't even contacted me since that nig-" He started before being roughly pulled off by a pissed looking Darrick. Anna looked at the boy now getting a good look at him. He was decently tall and had red hair. He had a innocent looking face but that definitely wasn't the truth.

'This guy is two faced. I just know it.'Anna thought. She stared at the boy who was having a glare off with Darrick. Her eyes widened. 'Evan' She suddenly became cautious of everything around her. She wasn't going to show it though because he'd use that to his advantage.

-

(POV change)

I crossed my arms over my chest. I hit my head not too long ago so I can just say I don't know him, right?

"Annaaa~ I've missed your touch! I've never felt like that before that night~" He sighs getting on a knee in front of me a grabbing my hand like a prince. My whole face contorted in disgust.

"I'm sorry who are you?" I asked yanking my hand away.

"Anna you don't remember me?" He asked standing up and grabbing my hands again.

"Yeah no..." Darrick budges i'm pushing us apart.

"I'm sorry I hit my head not too long ago and don't remember much." I smiled sweetly and rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly.

-
(POV change)

"It's okay I can help you remember!" Evan said making a fist. Then he grabbed the girl and slung her over his shoulder. "I'll help you remember right now!" He said running off.

"What the hell? Darrick don't just stand there come help me!" Anna screamed. Darrick stood there schooled for a solid five seconds before running after.

-

Karsen stood tall with his chin on Anna's head and arms wrapped around her waist. In front of him were two boys on their knees, after being bonked on the head by him.