Chapter 21

Jesse grabbed my arm back and it ended up being a familiar scene of human tug of war.

Hi I am Anna and this is the second time something like this has happened.

I swallowed my irritated smile and replaced it with a sweeter smile, though it might've been shaky.

"Karsen, Darrick! This is Jesse! She helped me when a guy touched my butt." I smiled, as I introduced her. Tension was arising from all three of them.

"Yeah nice to meet you." Jesse nodded. "They aren't some creeps right?" She murmured, suddenly hiding behind me.

"No?" I responded confused to her question. She was so calm and collected in front of the other guy, but is now shaking behind me like a wet dog.

"Are you okay?" I turned to her, asking quietly so only she could hear.

"I am actually...terrified of boys." She frowned as she whispered back.

"What? You were so brave earlier!" I gasped, being louder than I intended.

"I was in the moment, but look at them." She crouched behind me again.

"It's okay, they are nice." I smiled at her, and looked to the boys, who gave an awkward smile in reply. I felt her grip on my shoulders loosen a little, before she completely shook herself from her fear.

"Um well I should go..." She mumbled, before quite literally, running away.

"Wow...not even a goodbye." I sighed and adjusted my sunglasses.

"Some people just aren't worth your time." Karsen nodded.

"Yeah whatever, so where were you guys?" I asked, turning to the two.

"Coby said you wanted to set camp up farther away from the beach house." Darrick replied, tucking her hands in his swim trunks.

"That idiot, did it on purpose!" I gasped, with realization.

"Huh?" Karsen perked up.

"Why would he do that?" Darrick asked.

"It's because I saw her little friend this morning!" I groaned into my hands.

"Little friend...." Karsen mumbled trying to think.

"I'm still confused, who is his little friend?" Darrick sighed.

"His peeeeeeee-" I dragged the word out hoping I wouldn't have to say it in a public area, and they would just get the hint.

"Ohhhhh." They said in sync. "Oh!" They said again actually realizing what I meant.

Darrick visibly cringed and Karsen gave me a pat on the shoulder as if sending his condolences.

"Sister there you are!" Kristen came running from the distance. It was literally like everything went in slow motion as she came. Guys stopped and stared even despite the dirty looks from their girlfriends. Other girls stared at her with envy.

The brown haired poop behind her looked so proud to be seen with her.

If this was an anime the guys would have nose bleeds.

She was wearing a tight cropped tank top and a loose short skirt.

Coby looked very out of place next to her.

I found myself cringing as she approached, not knowing how she'd be acting today.

"I'm so sorry you got lost!" She whined as she engulfed me into a suffocating hug.

Okay so she is normal right now....

I patted her lightly on the back before pushing away and strutting towards Coby.

"I thought Kristen flirted with other boys because you were a crappy person. I was partially right, but it's mostly because you have a smal-" I was cut off by Coby putting his hand over my mouth.

"Don't you say it." He glared and shoved me away. The force of the shove caused me to stumble a bit.

"That was a little rude, no?" Darrick glanced at Coby with a calm expression as he grabbed my shoulders to steady me.

"W-well she started it." Coby stuttered, not used to be confronted like this.

"That still doesn't call for you to shove her." Darrick shrugged. "But I suppose, some people just aren't smart enough for that." He then smiled down at me and turned his back to Coby.

At that point I made a mental note to not do something upsetting to Darrick. Karsen quickly rushed past the both of us and grabbed Coby by the collar.

"Karsen what are you doing?" I raised a brow. Karsen looked back at me then to Coby before kneeing him in the crotch.

"Karsen why did you...." I motioned to Coby who was hunched over and cussing under his breathe.

"I've wanted to do it for a while." He shrugged slightly and pulled me away from Darrick.

I looked around at everyone who was looking at Kristen earlier were now looking at all five of us.

"Is this some street performance?" One girl asked to her friend.

"Seems kind of like it..." Her friend replied.

"Maybe they are advertising a new drama." A boy with thick glasses budged into their convo.

"Yeah...." The first brunette girl muttered, taking a step away from the boy, her red head friend following suit.

"What do you think is going to happen next?" He asked them again, stepping close again.

"The boys will fight over her of course." The red head nodded.

"I think she looks better with the black haired one that kneed the brown head in the crotch." The brunette nodded, finally feeling comfortable talking to him.

"No no the blonde boy all the way." Glasses nodded.

I sighed a rubbed my forehead at the like fourteen year olds conversation.

"You know something else I've wanted to do?" Karsen asked.

"What?" I looked to him.

Next thing I know, he cupped my face in his hands and leaned down.

Holy- his lips met with mine. It was gentle and quick. I didn't even have time to react before he pulled away with a lopsided grin across his face.

"Yeah that was nice." Karsen said, taking his hands away from my face, just ask quickly as they were there, they were gone.

Darrick pulled me away from him as soon as he gathered his thoughts. Both of them looked at each other before Karsen decided to peace out and run.

Darrick was on his tail as they cut through the crowd and out of sight.

The crowd around us burst into applause, but I could barely focus even as Kristen tried to calm the crowd down and say the show was over.

What the hell was that?

Right, it was just for the street performance...I tried to tell myself.

Hey everyone, school has started for me. I also play a fall sport and have a job on the weekends. I'm sorry for not updating in so long, but I just thought I'd explain a bit.

^^^^copy and pasted from my other story