Chapter 17

Jaime sat in her hospital room with Dina trying to process what she just told her.
"what do you mean."
Dina "your mom is well how do I put this letting go of you so you will go into the foster system either till your 18 or you get adopted."
"well where do I go."
Dina "we will find a foster family around this area. You will live with them for a while until we can get you a more permanent home. You may end up moving house to house alot but if you get adopted them that means th-
"
"yeah I know what that means."
Dina "so until now and you get out of the hospital....again."
Oh yeah I attempted suicide when they released me when I was going to go with Sammy and then.
Dina "it is also difficult to find a foster family who would deal with a suicidal kid."
"just let me live on the streets I've done it before."
Dina "that's not an option. So they will release you in about two days I will try to find a foster family by then."
"can the guys come here?"
Dina "I'm sorry Jaime but their not aloud to see you anymore unless one of them adopts you then you can't see them."
"ok. Well that's not going to happen."
Dina "well ill leave you to what you were doing."
"ok."
In the past few days I haven't talked to any of the boys or Ted. I didn't want to I thought they would be mad at me.
2 days later.
I'm standing outside of a fair sized house. Apparently this family was a 35 year old guy and 3 sons. 18, 16, and 5. Well at least there is one close to my age group.
Dina and I walked up to the door.
*knock*
A boy came up to the door. The 5 year old.
"Hi why do you have band aids on your wrists?"
Another older boy came to the door. Probably the 18 year old.
"Michael go back inside. Hello how may I help you?"
Dina "is your father home?"
"Yes come in please he's just in the kitchen cooking dinner."
Dina "thankyou." The young man looked at me then at my wrists. His smile faltered slightly."
Dina "so I assume you are jake?"
"No jake would be the 16 year old. My name is Alexander but I prefer Alex."
Dina "well Alex could you have you dad come here."
Alex "yeah ill go get him."
Alex "dad Dina and the foster girl are here."
"Ok could you take over dinner for me?"
Alex "yeah."
Just then the father came out.
"Hello Dina and -"
Dina "her name is Jaime."
"Jaime my name is Sam."
Dina "if it's ok with you I would like to take a walk through your house just to be sure it is safe for Jaime and everyone else in the house."
Sam "yes yes of course ill show you around,Jaime will you join so that you can get a good feel of the house?"
I nodded my head.
Sam took us upstairs there were two bedrooms. Sam's bedroom had a connected bathroom. Michaels was the other bedroom. Then there was a large bathroom next to the bedroom. Then back downstairs there was a large living room, kitchen, and a bathroom. Then we went to the basement which had another living room, and three bedrooms with a bathroom.
Sam "ok so this bedroom will be yours and jake and Alex's are both down ere as well and I'm sorry but you three will be sharing a bathroom."
I nodded my head.
Dina "well I see no reason as to why not for her to live here, but there are a few questions and things I want to tell you."
We headed bak upstairs.
Alex "DINNERS READY."
Sam "will you two join us for dinner."
Dina "sure."
We went and sat in the dinning room. Michael climbed up in a booster chair. Sam and Alex sat down and who I assume is jake also sat down.
Sam got everyone a plate ready. They had made spaghetti and garlic bread.
Dina "ok so Sam there are a few things I would like to tell you about jaine if its ok with you Jaime?" I just sat there staring at my food and nodded my head.
Dina "I believe I have already told you that she attempted suicide about a week ago?"
Sam "yes." He looked at me with sad eyes as well as the two older boys. Michael just sat there digging into his food.
Dina "also not that long ago she was beaten and raped by her father. That is why she was in the hospital in the first place. And the reason why she is in the system now is her mom doesn't want her anymore."
I smirked.
"Anyone that isn't perfect she hates."
Dina "well she was fighting for custody against a man shi he had been living with then he thought it would be best for her to go with her mom then her mom didn't want her anymore. Now she is on depression medication, anxiety medication, and Im sorry I can't quite remember what she all has."
"bipolar, depression, anxiety, ADHD, schizoid, and apparently I either stuff my face then puke it all up or I don't eat enough."
Dina "right, she is also suicidal so I have to ask if you still would like to take her in as a foster child."
Sam "of course." I was shocked by that and my head snapped up I looked at him with a confused look.
Jake "so who was the guy hi was gonna adopt you."
"Ashley Purdy."
Jake "isn't he in a band."
"yeah."
Jake "ok."
Dina "why don't we take all you stuff in here and bring it down to the room you will be in."
"I have alot of clothes." I smiled.
Sam "I think you have the right room then." He smiled at me.
Dina "she does have a lot of clothes, seven large suitcases, and six huge duffel bags full of just clothes."
"I also have two large duffel bags full of my other stuff like video games."
Sam "ok that's a lot of clothes."
Alex "you can say that again."