Chapter 1 |✔

"And how did you feel, when your hands travelled up to her throat, ready to choke her to death?"

I noticed that his grip on his orange trousers hardened and he formed his hands to fists, letting out a shaky breath.
"I felt..."

He needed a moment to come back to reality as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and one of his hands came up to his throat to play with the wrinkled skin. "Relieved."

I nodded, as if I could understand his sick behaviour, before writing it down.
I liked to keep everything reported so it would be easier for me to go through our conversation again, later on.

"Okay, and what were you thinking when her dead eyes looked at you?"

He blinked a few times, seeming to be taken aback, before carrying on with fumbling with his skin and closing his eyes for mere seconds.
"That she deserved it. She deserved everything I did to her."

Again, I nodded and wrote it down. I put down my pencil, clearing my throat and looking him right in the eyes. I knew that he was intimidated by strong woman and I knew how to use that as an advantage.

"Harry, I know that your mother was a good woman. She always tried to-."

"But she failed!"
he interrupted me with a loud and aggressive tone in his raspy and dark voice, giving me the reaction I intended to get.
"She wasn't a good woman; she was a whore. And whore's have to be punished. Just like them. Just like you!"

He wanted to get up, but his hands and legs were tied to the chair, so he tried to free himself, without much luck.

Slowly and calm, I got up, collected the files and my notes, showing a hand to the guard behind me who wanted to get in between the criminal serial killer and me, signaling him that I had everything under control, before I adjusted my blouse and smiled at the killer in front of me.
"Well, thank you very much for the conversation. I've learned enough to be sure that you will stay in this sick little cell for a long, long time, without any further contact to the outside world. Have a good one."

It was now that Harry realized that I hadn't been send to him just to talk to him and ask him how he was and what he felt. I had to examine him and his behavior to analyze if he was ready to go to the normal prison or if he had to stay where he was.
That fact made him even angrier.
"You stupid little bitch! Come back, I'm not finished! I want to get out, you hear me? I will kill you!"

I rolled my eyes at his angry behavior while the door buzzed, signaling me that I could leave the room.
However, before I did, I turned around one last time to look him in the eyes, feeling how he wanted to choke the living hell out of me.
"Good luck with that, buddy."

I left the room with him screaming and hammering on the table, but I didn't care.
I just continued my way to the room where the director of the prison, the detective who put Harry in here and an FBI agent waited for me.
They had examined the conversation from behind the one-way mirror.

The detective and the director had been really skeptical to send me in, because they thought I would be too young to handle him, but the Agent helped me by saying it would be a good stressor for him to see a women again and that I'd do great.

As I entered the room with my head held high, I immediately felt the gazes of the three men on me and I smirked to myself, knowing that I had impressed them.
"So, you think that's enough to get him 6 more years?"

The Agent, whose name I didn't knew, nodded, a hint of a smile on his lips, which vanished as fast as it came.
"Make 10 out of it and you have a deal."

I smiled back, proud of my work, before turning to the detective and the director, who were still shocked.
"Gentlemen, if you'd excuse me. I still have other patients to take care of that are more important than seeing you shocked because I broke your stereo type of a women."

Then I turned to the Agent again, offering him my hand. "It was a pleasure, Agent..."

"Hotchner and the pleasure is all mine. Some of my co-workers are obsessed with your books. You are doing a great job."

I smiled, brushing the loose pieces of my hair behind my ear.
"Well thank you. You're BAU, right?"

He nodded.
"Yes, and I'd love to have you as an addition in my team. We'd work great together."

I swallowed. I've already got a request, but I've never really thought about joining the FBI.
"I'm afraid I have to decline that kind offer. I don't know if I can hunt those people down."

"I understand, but if you change your mind, please call me."
He handed me a card with his name and his business number, before I smiled one last time and left the room.

I wasn't sure, what to think of the offer. I've always wanted to help people and be there for them, which is why I chose to become a psychologist, but maybe I could do more.

I could help even more people while it happens, not just after.
But I couldn't.
I didn't have enough time for such a job, where you would have to travel around a lot.

It wasn't possible.