Chapter 20 |✔

"You found something new, Garcia?" Hotch asked into the computer as I sat across from Spencer on the plane to Las Vegas, fiddling with my hands to try and calm down.
I had to get myself together if I wanted to be a help for the team and solve the case.

Garcia nodded sadly, typing something onto her computer and reading it to us. "Well, apparently Ashton was a nice kid, not like his brother. Nothing extraordinary."

"C'mon babygirl, there has to be something." Derek said and Garcia smirked.

"Oh my, oh my, chocolate thunder, you're the only man who knows me that well in so many ways.
     There was indeed something I've found that was really weird. And when I say weird I mean really really really weird, like Reid weird.

There was this one accident in his brothers' files. Nobody believed him but I believe that, given the circumstances, he really was telling the truth."

I furrowed my brows, getting a little impatient. "What is it?"

"Oh, yeah, right. Ehm, the brother, Tate, was reported killing the neighbors' cat, but nobody saw it. They just assumed because of his aggressive behaviour. The kid claimed that he didn't do it, telling the police that he would never hurt a pet and that he saw his brother killing the cat. Nobody believed him. They thought he was just gonna blame it on his poor little weak brother, who apparently, wasn't so poor and weak."

I swallowed and massaged my forehead while closing my eyes. "How could nobody tell me any of this?"

"They only gave you Ashton's file with every important information on his brother and his dad. This case of his brother wasn't relevant for your case." Gideon said and I nodded, understanding, but still being frustrated.

"But it would have changed a lot. I would have done some digging and-."

Spencer interrupted me by lying his hand over mine, squeezing it reassuringly while looking me in the eyes.
"There is nothing you could've done to prevent him from this."

I took a deep breath, knowing that if I told him how I felt I would lose it and I didn't want to cry in front of the team, so I just nodded and looked at the screen with Garcia again.
"And did you find a location or anything? Some good news because we have so many of them right now?"

Garcia's smile turned upside down as she tiped on her keyboard, shaking her head. "No. Nothing. His phone hasn't been activated since the day before the first murder and that's not the only bad news I have for you."

She looked at me with those big brown eyes of hers, full of empathy and sorrow. "Go ahead, I can handle it."

She shook her head. "I couldn't."

"It's my choice. I'm going to find out eventually so either you tell me or an external police officer in Las V-."

"There have been three other victims."

My breath hitched in my throat as I tried to process what she just said.
"T-Three o-other victims? What do you mean?"

"Well, I've looked at Tate's file and I saw the cause of his death and it reminded me of something I've read a week ago. It was an article about a series of homicides of 25-year-old man, all blonde hair and blue eyes. They were beaten against the edge of the living room table until they were dead."

I shut my eyes as I proceeded. My hands started to tremble as I got up, feeling the bitter sensation of my gastric acid flowing up my throat.

"Genna?" I've heard Spencer's worried voice but as  quickly as I could, I excused me and ran to the airport toilet, vomiting everything the remains of my last meal out.

My eyes were watery and my throat burned as I flush the toilet, getting up to look into the little mirror.
I was the reason why 6 people were dead.
6 people died because of me.

I couldn't hold my tears in anymore as they flew down my cheeks, dropping down onto the cool sink.
"It's all my fault." I muttered as I shook my head, beginning to hammer my palms against the sink in frustration and anger toward myself.

How could I be so stupid?
How could I let this bloody bastard walk out of the police station without any further thought?

I jumped as I felt arms wrap around me who turned me around inside, realizing that I didn't lock the door.
I smelled the familiar scent of Spencer and I pressed my face against his chest, not bearing to look him in the eyes.

His one hand travelled up to my hair, stroking it calmingly.
"It's not your fault, Gen. None of it is. He wants you to think that you are responsible for this, but you are not."

"I am." I said, sniffling and looking up at him.
"It was my responsibility to advise the judge how he should handle Ashton. What he had to do. I told him not to send him to prison, and he didn't. Which is exactly why 6 people are dead now."

Spencer shook his head as well, drawing easing circles on my back. "You can't blame this on you. You didn't murder those people-."

"No, but I am the reason why. Look at those 3 women, Spence. They look exactly like me. It's like they were my siste-."
I interrupted myself as another piece of the puzzle fit in my head, making me push away the boy in front of me, while running to the others.

They all had those worried eyes on me and I ignored them, grabbing my phone out of my back pocket and looking at the 4 of them.
"I think my sister might be in danger." 

~●~

Okay so I don't know how you feel, but Genna and Spencer own my heart, fight me haha

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter. Please leave a comment and vote, maybe even share this story with your fellow cm lovers!

Love to u❤❤