Chapter 31 |✔

"Spencer, for god's sake! Let me carry my own bag! It's not like my muscles disappeared just because of a gunshot."

"One of the most common complications of surgical wounds is when the surgical incision breaks along the suture.
Wound dehiscence is caused by many things such as age, diabetes, infection, obesity, smoking, and inadequate nutrition.
Activities like straining, lifting, laughing, coughing, and sneezing can create increased pressure to wounds, causing them to split.
So since you do not have any infection or inadequate nutrition, the only thing where the wound could dehiscence is-."

I stopped in my tracks, looking up at the rambling Docctor infront of the elevator door of the bureau. "Spencer, it can happen. But not after almost 2 months. So..."
I embraced his hand in mine, slowly taking ahold of the strap of my bag and removing it from his firm grip.

He just shook his head and wanted to grab it again.
"I'm just being careful with you and your condition."

"The doctor said I was doing perfectly fine. You were there with me!"

"I'm a doctor too, you know?"

I rolled my eyes and swung to the right to evade Spencer's hand.
As my arm raised itself automatically, I felt a short pain inside my abdomen and I stopped my movements, hissing slightly in pain.

Spencer immediately stiffened up and examined me carefully, his hands ready to catch me just in case I would collapse from the immense pain.... Yeah, sure.
"Oh my god, are you okay? Look what I did, I'm so sorry."

I shook my head, feeling the pain fading away before giving him a bright smile.
"No, don't worry. It wasn't that bad."

"What wasn't that bad?" I heard Elle asking as JJ, Derek, Garcia and her approached the elevators, coming to a halt opposite from us and pressing the button, which Spencer and I accidentally forgot.

"Nothing important. So, what's up tonight?"
After spending the last 1 and a half month inside my apartment, eating Chinese food and playing chess with Spencer along with watching movies with Tamara and Garcia, I was ready for a real night out again.

The next week, I was allowed to go into the field again, making my gun license and everything along with it.
Hotch requested that I should stay another 3 months and I was more then just okay with that.

"Uh, I'm so happy you feel better cause you, my gorgeous little pumpkin, are coming along with us to paaaartyyyyy!"
Garcia sing-sang the last word in a hitch pitched tone, making everyone around her giggle.

Well, apart from Spencer.
He just drew his eyebrows together and shook his head.
"No, she can't. She still hasn't recovered fully and-."

"I'm in. Did you tell Tammy?"

Garcia nodded her head eagerly, her two piggy tails bouncing up and down, as if they were as excited as herself for the tequila that was going to come along the night.
"She was the one who had the great idea."

"Who's driving?"

Elle held up her hand and received the attention from everyone after stepping out of the elevator and into the hallway toward the exit.
"Me. I don't really want to get drunk so I'm picking each of you up in 1 hour. Be ready, I hate waiting!" And with that she left the four of us to ourselves, dissapearing into the dark night and walking to her car.

I looked at Garcia and smiled.
"So you wanna get ready at my place?"

She shook her head and grabbed the keys of her lovely car our of her cat purse. And yes, it was fluffly and had white, fuzzy hair.
"Sorry, angel face but I can't. I gotta feed my cat and play some tetris. It's essential for a good night out to play some tetris before letting the tiger out of the cage."
She scratched the air and meowed sexily at the direction of Derek.
We laughed and I hugged her before she got into her car and drove off.

Lastly, I turned around to the two man in front of me, examining both of them for a moment before deciding to occupy with one at a time.
I turned to Morgan.
"Tammy's gonna be at your place, right?"

He nodded and smirked, licking his lip sedatively. "Yes and it could get late. I'm gonna drive there the moment we finish."

I shook my head, punching him on the shoulder playfully before he turned around.
"Use protection and I do not wanna see any other little bruises on her ass cheek, okay?"

He turned around one last time, smirking again and saluting.
"Copy that."

I chuckled and shook my head as he wandered off to his car, leaving me and the young doctor behind. I cleared my throat and brushed a piece of hair behind my ear, meeting is gaze.
"So, you wanna come tonight?"

His eyes widened for a sencond and he shook his head immediately.
"No, and I'm still not okay with you going. Everything could happen to you, especially when you drink. Did you know that-."

"You know how much I hate interrupting your cute little genius ramblings but I just have limited time left and you won't be able to change my mind."

"I didn't think that I would."

I smiled and nudged him with my shoulder.
"Good. You wanna come over to my place anyway for the next half an hour? I could use your help since Tammy's off making love with that chocolate thunder of yours."

We both chuckled and I could see how uncomfortable he felt when talking about this intimate topic as he licked his lip and shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

I tilted my head to the side and furrowed my brows.
"You guess? Gimme more enthusiasm, Spicy!"

He shook his head, trying to prevent himself from smiling, before throwing his arms in the air. "Woohoo."

"Wow, congratulation. I'm not only teaching you how to use chopsticks, but sarcasm too. I'm a proud mommy."

He shook his head, turning his lips down in a disgusted manner. "Don't say that."

"Why not?"

"Because that would make me your son and that would be really weird since-."

I laughed and bit my lip.
"Okay, I get it. C'mon, pretty boy. Let's go!"