ʙᴏɴᴜs 2 |✔

Bonus 2; Surprise, Surprise

Today was our 1-year anniversary and I can proudly say that after 1-year of marriage, everything was still the same; and even better.
We laughed, we kissed, and we are still locking up criminals and saving innconet people.

I wanted to make something special for him -and tell him something really special- so I had asked SSA David Rossi, whom I've met a couple of days after our marriage as our new Agent as a replacement for Gideon, to teach me how to cook Italian food.

We had a great time and it had always been funny, but I wasn't the best liar, so I just told Spencer that I was having dancing lessons with Emily.

He believed me, of course he did, we trusted each other blindly, and Emily covered up for me every time.

I was just dressing up from a hot and steamy shower with my husband when I heard his phone ringing.
I looked around, noticing he wasn't there and decided to pick it up and answering it after recognizing the ID.
"Hey JJ."

"Hey Genna, I knew I would get the two of you. We have an urgent case, I'm sorry. I know today is your anniversary and I wouldn't have called you in if it wasn't completely-."

"Don't worry, JJ. It's fine. We're on our way."

"Great, oh and you don't need go-to-bags."

I nodded, saying my goodbyes and hanging up before going into the kitchen.
We had bought a cute little house, away from the city and close to the forests since Spencer and I both loved the nature and the calm atmosphere here.

I saw my beautiful husband standing in front of the stove, making boiled eggs and bacon. The sight in front of me made my heart melt and I snuck up on him, my arms around his torso, standing on my tiptoes so I could lay my head on his shoulder, him giving me a smile and a kiss on top of my head in the process.
I loved him so much, and with every day that he got to spend in my life, living together and working, the feelings grew even stronger.

"Who were you talking too, Genn?"

I smiled. I loved that nickname.
He was the only person in the whole wide world who called me Genn.
"JJ. We have to hurry. Apparently, an urgent case."

"You have your bag ready? I hope your clothes are dry, I had washed them yesterday and hung them up."
He wasn't like so many of the men. He didn't let me do the household and all the cleaning alone, ha always helped me.
In everything.

"No, we don't need one."

He turned around eventually, pressing me closer to him as his hands snuck around my waist, smiling down at me.
"Maybe we should hurry then."
His lips were close against mine and we both smiled as I tilted my head so they weren't separated anymore.

"Mhh, maybe."
I ran a hand though his hair as the make out session got more heated, him picking me up so I was on top of the kitchen counter, his torso in between my legs.

"Maybe we should- Start- getting ready- and le-ave." He mumbled in between kisses but didn't let go.

I knew it was wrong, JJ really never would've called us in if it wasn't an emergency but today was our anniversary; What else were we supposed to do?
"They expect us to- be there- in 30- minute-s."

Spencer nodded, his hands sliding down my cardigan in the process.
"You can- drive."

I snorted, shaking my head before collecting my strength and pressing him away from me softly.
"I know that I can drive but we still have to get ready."

I jumped off the counter and turned around. "C'mon, I'm gonna make some sandwiches for everyone while you can get dressed properly."

I was about to raise my hand to open one of the kitchen cupboards but got cut off by Spencer swirling me around, smiling down at me before kissing me one last time, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.
"I love you. So much. I wanted to give you a complex gift and was overthinking but I couldn't think of something that would be enough to show you how much I love you. I looked into some statistics and saw that 47.6 percent of American citizens love home or selfmade gifts, but 46.9 percent love clothing and 39.8 percent love books. So I thought why not combine it."