Chapter 39 |✔

I emerged out of the water as fast as I could and I pushed my wet hair out of my face as I heard Lila laughing.

I rolled my eyes, swimming to the edge of the pool where Spencer stood, holding out his hand.
"Ha, ha. How funny, Lila. I'm about to call my furry friend and he's so gonna pee on your couch, just sayin'."

I took off my gun holder, laying it onto the ground and taking Spencer's hand, getting out of the water quickly.
I was dripping and my mood wasn't any different from my ruined clothes as I stared at Lila, her perfect body still in the shimmering water.
"Okay, neither do I have the time nor the nerves to discuss this with you. Get out of the pool, now."

She looked up at the two of us, smiling before rolling her eyes. "Why do I feel like your child?"

I swallowed, closing my eyes for a moment before feeling a chill running down my spine because of the water in the combination with the wind. "Great, then listen to me 'cause our child would trust us."
I felt bad. How was she supposed to trust us if we had to lie to her?

"Okay, okay, mom. I'm getting outa here. This time without help, I promise."
She wiggled herself out of the pool, grabbing a towel and hiding her body in it, before passing me one too.

I smiled and thanked her, putting it around my shoulders before trying to dry my gun with Spencer's help.
Lila was already inside.

I laughed about the ridiculousness of this situation, shaking my head, which made my wet hair hit my face multiple times.
"Wow, just imagine how out of place she would act if she knew about her manager."

Spencer shrugged. "Yeah, I think it was for the best to not tell her."

"Yeah but I do feel kind of sorry."

He looked at me confused, eyebrows drawn tightly together.
"Why?"

"Because I told her she had to trust us but how could she if we are lying to her?"

"It's a part of the job-."

"What aren't you telling me?"
Our heads shot to the glass door where Lila stood, fully clothed in a jogging suit, her eyes wide and sceptical.

I swallowed, clearing my throat.
"N-Nothing, we are just ehm t-talking about another case."

She linked her arms in front of her chest and looked at me like I was a clown.
"C'mon. I can handle it!"

I pressed my lips together, shaking my head. "Yeah, no I don't think you could. And I mean that in the most caring and protective way."

"I actually started to like you."
She stated and I felt my heart sank.
I hated lying.
"To trust you, with your British accent and your positive and funny mood, but like you said; How am I supposed to trust you, if you don't tell me the truth?"

I took a deep breath, licking my lips and opening my mouth but got cut off by a rustling inside the bushes and Morgan's voice, shouting to get up.
        Lila gave me one last glance before disappearing back into her house, Spencer and I focusing onto the man inside the bushes who got handcuffed by Derek.

Elle came up to the two of us "We found him inside the bushes."

"I told her she should cut those."

I nodded, agreeing with Spencer.
"Multiple times."

Elle eyed me from head to toe as my clothes and hair were still dripping. I shrugged.
"I fell in."

"Yeah and I'm pretty sure there's plenty photos of it."

I looked at the man in front of Morgan and I realised that I had seen him in the art gallery yesterday.
"This man, you sure it's him?"

Elle shrugged as Derek pushed the man away from him to stand in front of us, hands handcuffed behind his back.
"Stop shoving, man."

"You're a suspect in the murder of Wally Mulman, Natalie Ryan and Jeremy Collins."

"Murder? What? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa-."

I rolled my eyes at him.
"Stop with the 'whoa'-ing."

The suspect looked at me, raised his eyebrows and wanting to speak up agan, but was cut off by Morgan's hard voice.
"We know for a fact that you have hundreds of photographs of Lila Archer and Natalie Ryan on the walls of your studio. You have Miss Archer's daily schedule on your desk. You've been stalking her."

His reaction to Morgan's accusation was the only thing that wasn't weird about this guy. He reacted the way every innocent man would react. Well, that guy wasn't completely innocent but innocent of those murders.
"Look, guy, look, hold up. Every paparazzi is a celebrity stalker. If you don't stalk 'em you don't get the shot, and if you don't make the shot, you don't sell no pictures."

Elle rolled her eyes, holding up the photo-tape he had just made of wet-dog me and wet-goddess Lila -not that I'mbeing disrespectfulof dogs-.

"Well, this one's gonna cost."

"Well, no! That's just wrong."

But she had already destroyed them as Morgan took a couple of steps toward him.
"Tell that to your lawyer."

"I'm still being locked up?"

"That's right. At the very least you're trespassing. Let's go."

Morgan lead him away from us to a police car at the front of the house, while Elle handed me the tape.
"You're welcome."

I laughed, trying to lighten up the mood.
"Why would you do that? Maybe he took a shot from my best side and I could've taken that picture as my funeral pic."
She just snorted before following Morgan out of the yard.

I shivered as another wave of cold air hit my frame, the water making me feel 100 pounds heavier.
"W-We should maybe go inside so you can change."

I looked up at Spencer's puppy eyes, feeling myself getting lost in them before nodding and smiling.
"Yeah, I guess but I don't have my bag with me, and I doubt that Lila will give me something after she knows that we lied to her."

He smiled, grabbing my wet gun and looping his arm around me, making me shiver again -this time not from the cold- before leading me to a room nearby, which happened to be a bathroom.
"Stay here, I'll be back in ten seconds."

"I'm gonna take your word." I said, starting to count down from 10 to zero jokingly, already knowing that he had calculated the time he would need from here to his bag and back.

After those 10 seconds he stood in the doorway, his bag in front of him.
"I have a shirt you can borrow and I'm sure I can find some jeans somewhere in this house."

I shook my head, laughing. "Oh no, I'm not gonna steal away Lila's pants or your shirts."

"You're not stealing my shirts, you're borrowing them. And with the pants, well that's a story of it's own. And maybe you won't even need one."

My eyes went wide as I looked up at the doctor in front of me, him blushing by his statement before brushing a piece of hair behind his ear embarrassed.
"I-I meant, that ehm you- I am- ehm I'm taller then you and with your body and height I'm pretty certain, if my calculation is right, that my shirt would go to almost your mid-tights and since 4 of your 6 skirts are that length, I figured you could just wear it as a dress."

I swallowed, trying to contain myself not to jump his bones right then and there before smiling sweetly and nodding.
"Okay, thank you. Show me what you've got." 

~●~

Ahhhhh

Can y'all believe that we're close to the end?! Only 3 chapters left!!!!!!! I'm so excited!

I hope you liked it and I'd be happy if you could leve a comment and vote!❤❤