Chapter 15 |✔

I wasn't sure if it was the fact that I knew,
that Derek had Tammy wrapped around his finger or the fact that he was flirting with every woman near him, but he slowly pissed me off.

He even flirted with Penelope Garcia, which was in one team with him. Not to mention his sick nickname for me. Sugar. Who calls someone that?

"Oh, c'mon. Stop being so prude and get the 'Chocolate Thunder' work his magic." I got startled when Garcia came up behind me out of nowhere as I was staring at Morgan and Spencer, talking.

I turned my head, furrowing my eyebrows, before turning around again, shaking my head. "Sure, because he is a true magician, Gracie."

From out of the corner of my eye, I could see her body stiffen, her eyes blinking repeatedly, before a huge smile crossed around her pink lips, who matched her pink-blue dress perfectly.
"Garcie? Uh, I like the sound of it, way-too-gorgeous-new-team-member-who-is-not-yet-really-a-team-member-but-I-don't-care-because-you're-already-part-of-the-family."

I laughed as I turned around, returning her huge smile and admiring her colorful appearance, right before Elle rushed up to Hotchs Office, her face stiff and kind of bitter.
I looked at Garcia questioningly but she shrugged her shoulders, not knowing anything aswell.

I got up from my desk chair as Spencer sat across from me, smiling sweetly. I returned it, located my files and reports and turned around, ready to grab a tea as I heard Hotch's emotionless voice calling Derek's, Spencer's and my names.

"Weaver. Reid. Morgan. Documents up on the screen regarding the kidnapping of Trish Davenport."

I furrowed my brows while the boys nodded their head, already starting to walk up to our meeting room. I sighed, lying the files back down on my desk. "Why is it that I'm always the last one to know anything?"

Garcia snorted and patted me on the back. "Trust me, It's not just you."

~○~

I got out of the car at the same time as Derek and Elle, shutting the door before furrowing my eyebrows at the sigh of Cheryl, Trish's twin sister, lying on the street where her sister was abducted.

"What's she doing?"

I rolled my eyes as I got closer to the blonde twin.
"Giving birth to a unicorn, D."

Morgan furrowed his eyebrows at me and smirked. "D? Do I sense a new nickname."

I smirked an rolled my eyes, adjusting my blazer. "Sure, if you like to be called Dumbass."

Elle snorted and high fived me while Derek stared at me in shock. I ignored him as I made my way over to Cheryl.
"Cheryl Davenport?"
She opened her eyes and waited for me to continue. "We're with the FBI. My name's Dr. Genna Weaver, this is SSA Elle Greenaway and SSA Derek Morgan."

"No, I'm not crazy. I'm lying here for a reason."

I nodded, having heard about something similar to this, while the others furrowed their eyebrows, looking rather confused. Cheryl slowly sat up, patting the dirt off her skirt.
"He dragged her from the car."
She pointed to one spot of the roas before continuing. "This is where she fell. Trish is a fighter. She woulnd't have gone quietly. Not even with a gun pointed at her."

I nodded, thinking that is was very good to have someone who knows the victim really well. Elle nodded as well, but she looked at the case file she brought with her. "She's right. There are nail marks on the car seat."

"So you believe your sister's still alive?"

"I know she still is." Cheryl answered Derek confidently.

"You know the way twins know?" Elle asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Not the 'I can feel my twin's pain' crap. If you stick her with a needle, I don't cry out. But If something is bothering her, if something is wrong, I can feel it. Even from a thousand miles away in college."

"You study physics, right?"

"If you're asking why a science major would believe in something non-scientific, I don't. I just know what I feel. My feeling is that my sister is still alive."

I nodded along, knowing what she meant. "It's actually scientifically proven that some conjoined twins can feel and taste what the other one does. Well you are not conjoined but let us just ignore that little fact, shall we?" I managed to get a little smile out of Cheryl as she shook her head.

"You remind me of her, Dr. Weaver. She always tried to lighten up the mood and to be funny."

I nodded, smiling slightly as I laid my arm around her shoulder.
"Trying, huh?"

She let out a short laugh as she shrugged and we stepped aside for Derek to do his roleplay thing.
"Well, she doesn't always succeeds but the way she's trying is the funniest thing on the earth."
I smiled, relating to her narration.

"What is he doing?"

Elle, who was standing next to us, her arms interlocked with each other in front of her chest, answered. "He's role-playing."

"How does that work?" 

"He's trying to think like the kidnapper. He's trying to get a sense of him through his behaviour."

"That doesn't sound very scientific, does it?" Cheryl's voice dripped from scepticism and I turned to look at her, slightly bending my head to the side.

"Behavior analysis is actually a natural science that seeks to understand the behavior of individuals.
     That is, behavior analysts study how biological, pharmacological, and experiential factors influence the behavior of humans and nonhuman animals.

         Recognizing that behavior is something that individuals do, behavior analysts place special emphasis on studying factors that reliably influence the behavior of individuals, an emphasis that works well when the goal is to acquire adaptive behavior or ameliorate problem behavior.

The science of behavior analysis has made discoveries that have proven useful in addressing socially important behavior such as drug taking, healthy eating, workplace safety, education, and the treatment of pervasive developmental disabilities.
That really helps at what we do."

They both looked at me with raised eyebrows and Elle pressed her lips into a thin line, nodding impressed.
"Well, thank you, Dr. Reid."

I rolled my eyes, linking my ars in front of my chest as well. "I'm very sure in what I'm doing and in what I've learned, otherwise I would not be here now."

She held her hands up in surrender and smiled slightly, poking me with her elbow. "I'm not complaining." 

~●~

Hey guys, I hope you're doing fine!

Please leave a comment and vote maybe  even share this story with your fellow cm lovers!❤❤❤