Chapter | 28 ✔

"Ashton, jut tell me where my sister is. You don't want to hurt her, right? You want that feeling, that adrenaline back.
You didn't get it from all those other man or woman, not even your own mother. So why kill my sister without satisfaction when your actual victim is right in front of you?"

Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Spencer taking a step forward, but Hotch laid his hand on his chest to stop him from interfering.
I was glad.
"Just give her back to me and we can be alone, just the two of us. Does that sounds good? Mhh, Ash? Isn't that what you want?"

"Yes."

"Good, then give her back to my. Bring Gabby back to her sister."
I heard shuffling and my gaze switched to the chair that was moving.

Shortly afterwards, a head popped up from behind the red piece of furniture just to reveal my sister's quiet voice.
"Genna?"

I felt my eyes began to water as I looked at her shaky self, relieved that she was here, with me. "Gabby, I-."

"He promised me to bring me to Mommy and Daddy if I'm quiet. Are you coming too? He said you would."

I looked at Ashton with as much hatred as I could muster before my attention turned to Gabby again. "He lied to you. He-."

"I did not lie." He interrupted me and smirked.

"I told her the truth. You and her will live happily ever after along your dad and mom in the afterlife."
He turned around to her and raised his gun.

Everything happened so fast and I acted on instinict without thinking as my sister tried to come forward to me.
As fast as I could, I ran forward and blocked her, hearing two loud gunshots swirling through the air before one of them collided with my higher abdomen.

My breathing hitched in my throat as I tried to process what had just happened.
My eyes travelled to my white shirt, which by now was covered with a warm and thick liquid.
Blood.

It was as crimson as my favourite red lipstick, weird that I had to think of that while my hands pressed down to it.
It felt as if time had stopped, everything moved so slowly and I could barely hold my eyes open when my legs buckled under me and I threatened to fall to the ground.

However, before my body could collapse with the hard floor, it collapsed onto another body. I didn't need to look up to know it was Spencer.
His scent of coffee, peppermint and slight aftershave was a weird mixture, yet calming.

Another hand laid itself over mine and pressed down onto the wound, making me hiss in pain.
I didn't even realise until now how much it hurted.

Step by step, one by one, everything hit me like a train in the foggy night.
I felt the dizziness inside my head, the thick liquid under my head was what made me shiver.
That wasn't my blood.

I didn't even dare to look behind me because I already knew that I would meet the lifeless eyes of Alexandra Brain, killed a few moments ago. Another human I couldn't save.

The buzzing in my ear didn't go away, but it got less as I concentrated on the worrying human being above me:
Doctor Spencer Reid.
"Hey, Genn. Look at me, okay? You will get through this, everything will be okay. I got you."

I smiled lightly, not being afraid of the death and knowing that he was the one who wanted to hear those things.
All I wanted was my sister to be save, which was the case.
She was with Derek in a new car, for some reason she immediately trusted him.

I wanted to lighten up the mood, so I smiled up at him.
"How's it going down there, Doctor Reid?"
I wanted to laugh but the irony taste in my mouth made me cough up the blood that moved its way through my throat.

Spencer's eyes widened as he pressed even tighter down into my abdomen, making me shiver from the amount of pain I was experiencing.
His frantic eyes searched for someone and when he found that someone, he started shouting
"Hotch? Hotch, where are the medics? Please, she needs them. She can't-."

"They're on their way. How long does she have?"

His eyes came back to me and examined my abdomen as I tried to shift from my uncomfortable position, but my vision was traced with black dots dancing all around.
"I-I don't know.... I don't-... I DON'T KNOW!"

I tried to open my eyes and look at him, raising my bloody hand to let it fall on his right side of his face.
"C-Calm down, Spencer. I-It's okay."
I inhaled sharply as I shifted and tried to get up, but his hand cupped my shoulder and pressed me down to the floor, stroking it reassuringly.

"N-No. I promised you not to let anything happen to you and now-. I can't-."

"Reid, the medics are here. Come to me!"

My eyes began to flutter as the dots turned into ever-increasing beams.
"Sir, we need you to let her go and step away from her."

Before the darkness fulfilled my sight, I looked into Spencer's eyes, trying to show him everything I've never said out loud, hoping he would understand.

Hoping he would understand that I couldn't have told him everything when there was time. But maybe in my next life, when we would be destined to be together, maybe then I would tell him that I fell in love with him.

~●~

I know it doesn't really have to do anything with this chapter buuut
I'm rewatvhing criminal minds again fr the 3rd time and oh lord I'm at season 7

Can anyone please tell me who gave Dr. Spencer reid the permission to look this good? I'm dying💀

Also who's your fav character?
I know that a lot of people think only because I love Spence with my whole heart he's my fav but I gotta admit, Rossi is my man. He always makes me laugh...

And please don't forget to follow me on my titok acc: rumplebuttercup.cm
It would mean the world to me

Love u❤❤