ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 |✔

"Garcia, what did you get?"

"Well, I'd love to bring good news this one time but I'm afraid I will never get the change to do that with all my lines I've practiced in my colorful goddess self.
I digged and digged and digged but I couldn't find anyone with the victimology anywhere near our young little son of a bitch.

Nobody contacted him, he didn't have any friends nor social media, which I may I add is nowadays almost impossible. When you find him, please tell him that he should stop living in the Middle Ages and start approaching the 20th century."

I sighed, my heart sinking in my chest, knowing that we didn't have any trace to my sister or the other victim he already had in his possession. "Okay. Thanks anyway, Garcy."

"Oh, mon chère. Don't worry, I'll keep digging and we'll find your sister, as sure as my name's Penelope Baby Girl Garcia Morgan."
She managed to put a small smile on my face and even if it was just for one second, I was so happy to have her lighten up the mood.
She made things easier.

"Thanks, PBGGM."
Before I ended the call after a short pause, she gasped and laughed shortly.

"Ohhh, Mommy, see what you did there. Love you and go get 'em."

I shook my head at her and put my phone back into my jeans pocket before sighing and letting my head fell to the car window. I shivered as I felt the air conditioner from the SUV blowing into my face, closing my eyes and shutting the voices of the Agents out.

I just needed a short moment to myself. To think about everything.
I had to think about every possible outcome of this crappy situation, very aware of the fact that I could lose the only family member I had left just because of my mistake.

If I would lose her, along with my mother and my father, I wouldn't know how to keep going.
I used to have such a strong bond with my mother and this bond projected itself to my sister and me, and I would rather die than seeing one of my family members, my best friends, die in front of me.
I wouldn't let that happen again.

"Genn?" My head shot up as I looked at Spencer, his eyes full of worry.
"Did you listen to anything we said?"

I slumped my eyebrows as i looked at Hotch and Morgan, the latter having similar features as Spencer.

"No, I'm sorry. What was it?"

"They found anther body in the middle of the street."

I swallowed as I felt my eyes begin to water. "Is it-?"

"No." Spencer shook his head and took my hands in his, stroking it softly.
"It's a woman who was on her way to work."

"But why-."

"It was an overkill." Said Hotch as he ended the call which I didn't even realised he had before turning around.
"He prepares himself for his endgame."

Spencer nodded, following along Ashton's actions while I just sat there, examining the dark black fabric of the car seat in front of me, trying not to lose it.
"His rage grows but he still can't kill the ones he really wants because he needs Genna to watch, so he has to release some of his tension by killing someone."

My head swirled as my mind kept producing pictures of my dead sister in front of me. I swallowed and pressed my hand to the side of my head, opening the door and getting out.

I didn't know where I was going but I wanted to walk as far away from my team members as possible.
I just didn't want them to think I was weak.

My mind kept spinning and I felt a burning bitterness inside my tight throat.
Already predicting what would happen in the next few moments, I tried to look around and found a bush nearby, being happy that it was dark and that we had stopped driving near a park for the first time.

I tried to hold it in as long as I could but soon enough, I felt my stomach releasing his content onto the bush, the thick content dripping slowly from leave to leave before falling to the floor along with the tears that streamed down my face.

During this process, I felt someone coming up behind me and for one moment, I was afraid, but when I felt two huge hands, one on the small of my back, the other hand around my hair to hold it in it's place, and his familiar scent mixing with the smell of the Chinese food we had shared last night, I felt safer than with anyone before.
          I knew that he was there for me and that he would protect me.

And even if I always told myself to not let anyone decide how I felt, I had to admit that I loved it with him.
With Spencer everything felt better, lighter and more colorful.
When I looked at him the world seemed brighter and every time he smiled it made me forget about everything bad in this horrible world.

"We will find her. I promise." He handed me a tissue and I wiped the remaining of the digested food from my lips before turning around to look at him.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I-."

"Do not apologize, please. I wouldn't know how I would react if my mom got kidnapped. I couldn't even think straight. You are such a strong person and everyone knows that."

I sniffled and took a deep breath, wrapping my arms around him slowly and letting him sink into me for just a blink of an eye before smiling at him and getting back in the car.

Derek turned around and examined me with worried eyes.
"You good?"

I smiled flatly at him, appreciating his worry and nodding.
"Yeah, according the circumstances. So, do we drive to the latest crime scene or what?"

Hotch shook his head as Spencer got back in, closing the door behind him with a loud thud. "No, Elle and Gideon are on their way and will report back to us if they see anything important. All we know is that he's probably heading south."

I closed my eyes and tightened my eyebrows. Something of that sentence seemed too familiar to ignore.

"What's it, sugar?"

I faded out the voices of my coworkers, going through the conversation I had with Ashton again, trying to find out what was bothering me.

"She's going to solve it." Spencer's statement encouraged me to dip even deeper inside my memories;

'She never really loved me. She was never there for me.'
I coulnd't remember what he did, but I could hear his voice in my head, telling me his story all over again.
'She only protected herself by moving to Henderson. She wouldn't even bring me along or ask. She was just gone one morning, which made my father slap me even harder.'

My eyes shot open and I nodded to myself before grabbing my phone.
"I think he's after his mother."

"What makes you think that?" I looked at Hotch and dialed Garcia's number, but not pressing the green button yet.

"I just went through our conversation again and he said that his mother moved to Henderson, which is South Las Vegas. She just left him, knowing that he got abused."

"That makes sense."
Spencer nodded and smiled proudly.
"He wants to kill everyone that has something to do with his abuse as a child. His mother, who left him for her own good may bring the feeling of his first kill back."

As fast as I could I pressed the button, putting her on speaker and waiting for her bright voice to lighten up the mood, just like every other time.

"Bonjour,
mon petite amour."
She snorted and tiped something in her computer, laughing.
"And I think I should quit my job and become a poet cause that was a fancy ass rhyme.

          How can I help you, folks?" 

~●~

Hey, how did you like this chapter?

Do you like the idea of ashton and his life/killings and do you think it's logical?