Chapter 16 |✔

"I don't know everything. I mean, despite the fact that you think that I do." I've heard Spencer say as Hotch and I got closer to the three Agents standing in the Kitchen of the Davenport household.

"I've never said that. When have I ever said that?"

"Every day since I've met you."

"This morning at breakfast."

I nodded along Elle, clinking my way inside the conversation.
"This morning when we were playing chess and he beat me."

"Yesterday when he beat you at cards. We've got one minute." Hotch said, then went back to the living room where Gideon and the Davenports were awaiting the call from our UnSub.

"Anybody ever heard of sarcasm." Elle snorted as she laid her arm around my shoulder, ruffling my hair, before following Hotch.

"Ever since I met Weaver." I smirked at Derek.

"Don't even try to be sarcastic, D. Now we already have a sarcastic queen on the team, we do not need a wannabe, mh?"

"Hey, hey. Slow down, kiddo. I was first."

I rolled my eye.
"Nobody cares wo was first. It's important who's last."

Elle, Derek and me all chuckled before quickly turning to our serious personalities, entering the living room.

The Davenports were visually tensed as the clock struck to 8, Gideon starting to calm them down and explaining what Mr. Davenport had to do.
"Remember, keep your voice even and calm and agree with everything he says."

I stood next to Cheryl as Davenport massaged his head stressful, getting impatient.
Both of them, and that was the last thing we needed.
"He's late."

"He'll call. Just try to relax. This Is a strategy He wants you on edge." I saw that Hotch's emotionless speech wasn't exactly helping, so I cleared my throat, getting everyone's attention.

"I can just imagine, how you-." I interrupted myself, looking at Cheryl, before continuing.
"The both of you, feel right now. It's not easy to know that the person you love is in serious danger but you are doing great. Try to think of something that always calms you down and keep that image, song, memory or whatever in your head while speaking and listening. It'll make things easier as given the circumstances."

I realized that I had helped them a little which made me happy. Even Hotch nodded my way to show me that I did a good job.
    I was proud.

Suddenly the phone started ringing and both Cheryl and Mr. Davenport tensed, just as Gideon continued to explain, how he should act. "Remember to repeat any important information he gives you to make sure you understand. You try to keep him talking to reveal something about Trish or about himself."

I stood behind Spencer, watching him as he slipped the headphones over his head, ready to record the conversation.
After some seconds, Gideon clicked the red button, which turned green immediately and the ringing stopped.

"This is Evan Davenport."

"Hello Mr. Davenport."

I furrowed my brows. Something about this voice seemed familiar.

"Are you the man who has my daughter, Patricia?"

"I have your daughter."

Cheryl grabbed my hand and exerted pressure on it, which I retuned, signaling her that  I'd be there every step.
"Can I ask you-."

"You may ask me nothing. This is not an interrogatory. You will listen only to my instructions."

"Okay."

"But I will not give them to you."

Everyone in the room seemed just as confused as I was. He tried to bring us out of our concept. He certainly knows that the FBI is with Mr. Davenport and he knows how it works. He wanted to overpower and control us, but most importantly, get the Davenports to become even more anxious and nervous.

"I don't understand-."

"I do not want to talk to you, Mr. Davenport."

Spencer looked up at me, his eyebrows furrowed and I shook my head, making him understand I was just as confused as he was.

"Excuse me?"

"I want to talk to her... I want to talk to Cheryl."

The pressure on my hand grew as I swallowed, every pair of eyes on the blonde woman next to me.
Gideon pressed the Mute button, which now blinked red and started asking. "What's he doin'?"

"He tries to overpower us, throw us out of our concept. He knows that we are here and he knows how those things work." I answered and Elle stepped forward.

"How long can we keep him on old?"

"We can't put her on." Hotch said, his arms linked in front of his chest while Cheryl's grip on my hand tightened even more.

"Why not? I want to help. I'll talk to him."

Hotch shook his head as Derek sat down on one of the desks in front of him.
"Cheryl doesn't have the authority that Davenport holds. He shouldn't want to talk to her."

Elle shrugged. "I think that she should speak to him."
She looked at the others just as the UnSub started to talk again.

"Do I need to repeat myself? I want to talk to Cheryl. Put her on the phone. Now."

I bit my lip as I brushed a piece of hair behind my ear. "He's getting impatient."

Gideon shook his head. "No."

"I think she should speak to him. He wants to talk to her. The more he speaks the more he reveals."

I nodded along Elle, continuing. "I'm certain Cheryl can handle it. We're there for help."

Gideon sighed, looking between Mr. Davenport and Cheryl. "No."

"I'm waiting."

Gideons eyes met mine, nodding to me to come over. "Weaver, your voice is higher than Elle's. You can speak with an American accent?"

I nodded, leaning down to the phone, remembering how Cheryl had spoken to me this whole time, how she had pronounced the words and how fast she had spoken.

Gideon pressed the button, making it stop blinking, as my eyes met Spencer's. He gave me a reassuring smile and I returned it, feeling not as nervous anymore.
"I'm here, hello? It's Cheryl."

He kept quiet for several moents, making everyone in the room, especially the Davenports, more anxious. "Mm, almost. You almost had me. Now, give me Cheryl. I'll give you 60 seconds. If you don't put her on the phone, I will hang up and you will never hear from me or Patricia again."

As fast as he could, Gideon pressed the Mute button and got up. "Prep work. Come on over here, please."

I stepped out of the way as Elle led Cheryl in front of the telephone, giving her instructions.

"This is Cheryl?" she started as she looked at me, grabbing my hand and playing with my fingers to alleviate her anxiety.

"Hello Cheryl. How are you?"

~●~

Hey guys! Please leave a comment and vote and maybe even share this story with your fellow cm lovers!

Love u❤❤❤❤

Short question; who do you like more? Elle or Genna?