six

After they finished their ice cream and returned to the mansion, Pixie immediately got started on dinner, much to Natasha's dismay

After they finished their ice cream and returned to the mansion, Pixie immediately got started on dinner, much to Natasha's dismay. She suggested buying take-out from a local restaurant near the ice cream parlor, but Pixie wanted to cook for Natasha, claiming that home cooked meals tasted better because they were made with love.

"Do you need help?" asked Natasha.

Pixie smiled over her shoulder. "I don't need it, but it would be fun if you could put on the pink apron and cut the vegetables for me."

Natasha smiled, choosing the pink apron over the black apron. She tied it around her waist and began to cut the vegetables. "What are we making today?"

Pixie shrugged. "This soup that's been passed down in my family. I'm also thinking of chocolate cake. Oh, maybe stir-fried noodles too."

Natasha chuckled, shaking her head slightly, eyes focused on the knife and cutting board in front of her. "You always go overboard."

"Well, we always have leftovers then," Pixie retorted.
"Pixie, we have a fridge full of leftovers. When are we ever going to eat them?"

Pixie frowned. "I just love cooking. Plus, there's not much for me to do around here. Not many mouths to feed in this compound either. Oh!" she exclaimed, causing Natasha to flinch in shock. "Sorry," she sheepishly apologized. "What if I went around and gave food to people? I could use said leftovers. Good ones, of course. I'm not a monster. I wonder how though. Driving is a little tricky because of the blocked roads. Maybe I'll just drive as far as I can. Can't exactly take a private jet and park on someone's lawn."

"Pixie, you're rambling," she interrupted.

She snapped out of it. "Sorry, Nat."

Natasha smiled. "It's okay. You're cute when you ramble."

"Glad you think so. You can just plop the vegetables into the broth. I'll get started on the chocolate cake. When the vegetables look soft, tell me. The meat's already cooking in there. Can you grab the noodles and cook them in another pot of boiling water?"

"Yes, ma'am," answered Natasha.

"Funny how I'm the dominant one in the kitchen, and you're the dominant one in bed."

Natasha snorted. "Don't let Steve hear that or he'll turn red."

"I'll take a picture next time he comes around." Pixie began taking out ingredients for a fresh chocolate cake.

"You're actually making chocolate cake?"

"What, you thought I was kidding? Talia, I never joke when it comes to food. I thought you'd know this by now. I'm disappointed," Pixie jokingly responded.

Natasha chuckled. "Yeah, I know. Shame on me. So, what sauce do you want on the noodles?"