thirteen

When Natasha and Clint both exited the jet, Pixie came out to greet them both as soon as she saw them

"Clint, you're back! I wasn't sure if Nat would actually find you, but I made chocolate cupcakes just for you. Your favorite."

Clint smiled weakly. "Thanks, I'll have some when I catch up a little."

She nodded. "Of course, whatever you need."

Natasha patted Clint on the back. "Others should be here somewhere. Want me to come with?"

"I'm a big guy. I can handle myself," he replied, resting his hand over hers for a moment before walking off.

Natasha stared after him. She was conflicted. She found Clint after all those years, but he was different and almost broken. She had given him hope and she knew she would have to bring everybody back. His life had been hard, and when he met Laura, she made it all better. It was as if he didn't need a hearing aid anymore because he could hear her so clearly in his head.

Pixie stretched her arms out. "Can I get a kiss?"

Natasha laughed, tilting her head back for a moment before running into her arms and kissing her on the lips. Pixie grinned, kissing back as eagerly before drawing back.

"How are you?" Pixie whispered.

"I'm better. I'm so much better," Natasha replied. "I found him. I - He's back in arms reach and I still have you. Most of my family is back. Now we just need to get the rest back."

Pixie nodded, pecking her cheek. "I know, and we will."

"It's dangerous, Pixie."

"When have I ever ran from danger?"

Natasha snorted. "All the time."

She pouted. "I don't like fighting! But this is the world we're talking about. I'll be damned if I just sit around waiting for you to come back."

"You're too good to me," muttered Natasha.

"I could be better, but I guess there's no time for that."

"Was that - Did you just make a sexual innuendo?"

Pixie grinned. "Only maybe."