fifteen

Everyone met in a room in the mansion, brainstorming how the "time heist" was going to go down

Everyone met in a room in the mansion, brainstorming how the "time heist" was going to go down. Holographic screens were projected, containing files on the stones.

"Okay, so the how works," Steve announced. "Now we gotta figure out the when and where. Almost everyone in this room had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"I'd substitute the word encounter for 'damn near killed by one of the six Infinity Stones," Tony corrected.

"I haven't," Scott chimed. "I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

"Regardless, we only have one Pym particle for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history," Bruce explained.

"Our history," Tony corrected. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."

"Which means we have to pick our targets," Clint concluded.

"Correct," said Tony.

"Let's start with the Aether," Steve demanded. "Thor, what do you know?"

Everyone turned to watch Thor who was sitting at the corner of the room with sunglasses on his face.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead," Rhodey retorted.

Once Thor was woken up by a lot of shaking, he begrudgingly got up to explain. "Uh - where to start? Umm..." He took off his glasses, blinking frequently. "The Aether, first, is not a stone. Someone's called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge, sort of thing. So, someone's gonna need to amend that, and stop saying that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago, my grandfather had to find the stones from the Dark Elves." He wiggled his fingers to imitate a ghost. "Woooo...scary beings. So Jane - " An image of Jane Foster popped up on the screen. "Oh - there she is. That's Jane... She's...an old flame of mine. She... She stuck her hand inside a rock this one time, and then the Aether stuck itself inside her, and she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my mother...who's dead, and um... Oh - you know Jane and I aren't even dating anymore. These things happen though, you know," Thor said. "Nothing lasts forever."

"Why don't you come sit down?" Tony asked, attempting to push Thor back into his chair.

"I'm not done yet," Thor retorted. "You see, the only thing that is permanent in life, is impermanence."

Tony clapped his back. "Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No, I'd like a Bloody Mary."

Pixie sighed, getting up from the couch. "Come on, Thor, I'll make you something," she said as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the room. "Lunch in an hour, guys!" she shouted.

She led Thor to a chair in the kitchen and forced him to sit down as she grabbed ingredients to make lunch for the team.

"Alcohol isn't the best way for you to drown your sorrows. Look at your gut," Pixie jabbed, causing Thor to grumble and look down.

"It's not that bad," he muttered.

"It's pretty bad. Anyway, food would have been a better choice. Sure, you may still be fat, but it's better than drunk-rambling and stumbling on your feet all the time. I'm going to make you a grilled chicken Caesar salad with orange juice. No alcohol," she added. "You deserve the best, Thor, and that is not it."

He grumbled, but he knew she meant well. He didn't know her that well, but he knew her well enough to know that she enjoyed making people happy.