twelve

Clint thrust the blade down into Akihiko's stomach

Clint thrust the blade down into Akihiko's stomach. The body of the Japanese man fell to the ground. He grabbed his sword, and wiped it on his gauntlet, ridding it of Akihiko's blood. He noticed someone behind him and immediately knew who it was. He grabbed his mask and slid it off his head. He turned around and looked at Natasha, who was standing behind him, holding an umbrella in casual clothes.

"You shouldn't be here," he said.

"Neither should you," she retorted.

"I've got a job to do," he muttered.

"Is that what you're calling this?" she asked. "Killing all these people isn't gonna bring your family back."

Clint started to look emotional, on the verge of crying.

"We found something. A chance, maybe - "

He was openly crying. "Don't..."

"Don't what?" she asked.

"Don't give me hope."

"I'm sorry I couldn't give it to you sooner," she whispered. "Come on, let's get you on the jet. Get under here."

He nodded, walking under the umbrella she held up for him. They began to walk slowly.

"Did - uh - Did Pixie dress you?" he asked, looking down at her outfit.

Natasha snorted. "Of course, she did. She doesn't let me leave the compound without picking out clothes for me."

"How is she?"

"She's good. I - I was lucky enough to not have lost her," she whispered.

Clint nodded, looking ahead to fight back his tears. "I'm happy for you."

"Maybe you are happy for me, but you're also sad for yourself," she murmured. "And that's okay. No one's around, Clinton. Hell, you've killed most of them."

He let out a choked laugh. "Yeah, you're right. What would I do without you?"

"You'd be dead," she retorted. "But I would be too without you. So, guess that means we just have to stick together now."

"What a shame," he joked.

"What a shame," she repeated.

They walked together, side by side with an umbrella over them.