Thirteen

1,489 words...I'm proud of myself
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Milo was awaken by a hand shaking his shoulder. He opened his eyes to see his hand still connected with Draven's. Calista's face came into view once he perched up.

"They need to take him for a checkup. I think it's time you get some food and fluids in your body, you were crying in your sleep." She smiled at him as he rubbed his face. Sure enough, his face was dampened by tears.

Calista had to coax Milo away from Draven. They both were fearful for him but he wouldn't want them to not take care of themselves.

The cafeteria was very polished and pristine. Calista purchased the food while Milo obtained a table. He offered to pay for his but she was as stubborn as her son.

It was a short amount of time until they were eating together. "Thank you Ms. Easton," Milo said when his body wouldn't allow him to eat anymore.

"You're welcome. So Milo, I informed Candace of your whereabouts. She's bringing you clothes and necessities. I hope you don't mind," Calista carried on with eating and didn't catechize him. She knew he stopped eating because his gut didn't feel right, her's didn't either.

Milo stared at his food and said, "I don't mind at all...in fact, I'm going to go call her now." He got up and walked away before she could retort. Milo wouldn't want his mother to worry like he knew she would.

The phone rang a few times before she answered. "Hey mom, where are you?" He could hear her rushing around.

"I'm at home, about to come to where you are." His mom was worrying and Milo could detect it in her voice.

He sighed but let her, because otherwise it'll be a wreck in the end. "Don't rush and please be safe." Milo located the elevators and loitered for it to descend. The elevator was vacant when the doors opened.

"Is Draven back from his check up?" Candace never fully understood that she shouldn't rush, that was just how she was. Milo's mind forgot about her rushing, to prioritize Draven.

"I...don't know, his mom took me for food." The thought of abandoning Draven for long didn't settle right, not after the accident. He hung up the phone after saying goodbye.

Not taking his own advice, Milo hurried back to the room without running. He was always respectful of others even if it was urgent for him. Although he didn't need to panic about Draven...

All he could see was darkness as he felt a invisible force weighing over him. The faint beeping sound was getting farther away, completely submerging him in silence.

Draven thought this was the end of him. That maybe he deserved to die with everything he needed, wanted, and loved taken away from him. His only regrets would be not apologizing and telling Milo how he truly felt.

Until he heard a feeble voice say, "Life has been hard for you. Treasure those that you have. I'm not ready for you yet." The person spoke frail but puissant in a sense.

"w-who are you?" Draven's inner thoughts were automatically voiced.

"I'm someone you've never met...and I hope you won't meet for a long time."

Before Draven could ask for more details, the male voice cut him off. "Ask your mother for more information. I love you...my son."

He saw fragments of light appear off to his right, just as the weight he felt was lifted. Draven's body progresses on its own towards the light. It was a feeling of walking on fluff. His figure phased through the phosphorescence.