Prologue

Log 5631-"Gate" event chain

Records from Garserian origin, file made by Garserian human observers and witnesses and documented by Garserian officials...

Era (redacted) year (redacted)1048 of the Garserian Official Calendar.

Millenia past since Earth's destruction

Millenia passed since the Garserian's rose to a foothold on the remaining colonies. And the official establishment of the star nation Garserian Union.

Millenia's past since contact with alien forces and void entities.

Event: Event of little significance caused, a gate to another world to open in the world of Benragrade (Ben-ra-graad-i). Primitive forces came out and waged undeclared hostility to locals.

Primitive forces wore armor similar to Ancient Roman Empire soldiers as adopted the same tactics as them. These hostile forces use weaker drakes, and battle beasts upon the battlefield. No civilian casualties on the Garserian side due to the enemy's incompetent leadership

Hostile intent dealt with extreme prejudice by Garserian armies stationed at Benragrade. The combined might of infantry regiments, armored war vehicles, living bioweapons, gene enhanced warriors prove to prevail those who seek to destroy the Unity of men and women established by the Garserian Union.

Fighting continuing at this moment.

...

Current objective. Round up all remaining hostiles within the city. A considerable number of primitive hostiles dispersed into the city in an attempt to escape the fighting. Their prolonged presence poses a danger to civilians in the area. Security Forces have moved in to deal with them, but many more pose a problem in their nuisance presence in the city.

(Extermination Mission Objective)

Garserian casualties:
Military personnel: 0
Security Force: 5 minor injured
Civilians: 89 injured, various minor injuries, and 3 in critical condition. 0 death, 0 missing

...

Preparing Improbability Drive for reincarnation lock.

Preparing ability pool.

Ready for combat

Huntsman Operative Nath, your objective...

Do what comes natural

...

I look down from the tablet I was holding for a moment before I looked around. I sigh as I stiffen myself for the combat ahead.

It was another one of these trivial missions, I kinda missed drinking my frappe today before I was given an objective cause one of Benragrade's cities was attacked by some random primitives.

I was inside a small confined area with chairs by the walls, with other people besides myself present. There were three other people there. Including me, all of us were wearing a dark trenchcoat with armor underneath our clothes. As well as a white mask situated on the top of our heads. We were to bring down the helmets once we're in combat.

"How ya doing Nikki, sucks that you had your day off ruined eh?" I asked the other people who I am with, in particular a woman in front of my seat. This one was a blue-haired girl who had her hair tied up in a short bun, she had brown eyes. Her name was Nikki Burvens, a young mid 20s woman.

"Well Nath, I'm honestly fine considering all things in my lazy list gone awry. Sucks that the cafe you love drinking frappes in got attacked huh." Nikki replied to me, she had a mischievous smile too as she said that.