Chapter 11: Dragon Slaying

Author's Note: This year is getting even more crap by which basically killed a large motivational spark I once had (This what kept me going with my slow update schedule). I took a little while off writing and distanced myself all together for a bit in order to recuperate myself.

Though in my absence I now decided I should come back again but it's already expected the update schedule would be abysmal it's just that I had some of my own personal problems to deal with, although not all are resolved such as the cruelty of life :/

Anyways you aren't here to hear me mope.

I have a chapter ready for Gate and here it is.

(Different Scene)

Cutting off from last where we left off the caravan of JSDF and Garserian Forces were being attacked by a Flame Dragon. Both parties seeing that innocent lives were on the line jumped the gun (literally) and readied their weapons.

"Fire on that motherf*cking reptile!" Nath's voice would be heard before a hail of bullets shot out from the Nexus Squad Garserians who first took initiative in attacking the threat. Unlike before the Nexus Squad were in an arguably "better" fighting position. While many would think facing a dragon in open field is a disadvantage, the Nexus Squad had their vehicles that can quickly maneuver and the free terrain allowed the whole squad to strafe the dragon from the ground.

Plus there were more people with guns this time unlike the cramped forests of the elf village from before where limited personnel were available and there was a flammable hazard everywhere.

The Garserians fired a hail of magnetically accelerated bullets at the Dragon. They were trying to take the other eye of the dragon to limit it's capability for damage. Although still despite the Magrifles of the Garserians being powerful on their own, it was only chipping at the dragon's scales. The small amount of bullets that embedded itself on the dragon were still painful as it opened a great many wounds. But not enough to kill.

The half xeno-half human genetically engineered ATP Turncoats on the other hand were using their weapons stolen from their previous xeno overlords to full effect. Caster Rifles that the ATPS used fired a super-heated "shard" that flies as fast as a Garserian Magnetic round and hit the dragon's scales hard. Making the Flame dragon recoil from the damage but still not enough to kill it. Although the resulting heated projectile turned scale into molten slag, and it cooked the flesh behind the scale.

Still despite that the JSDF tried to harm the dragon as well, however seeing as their assault rifles and their 50.cal HMGs were not piercing the scales of the dragon as they would have hope. Instead they would try to bait the dragon into a direction.

The dragon still sustaining wounds from the previous fight was smart enough to hide it;s scaleless parts of this torso. Roaring in anger and rage.

"Hey! Look damn they have some powerful looking scifi weapons!" Takeo Kurata would be more mesmerized seeing the ATP Caster Rifles firing more visually see able yellow beams of death rain upon the dragon.

The rest of the 3rd Recon would take notice with this as the Garserian and their ATP allies have used their advanced weapons to manage to damage the Dragon.

But it wasn't enough. All it did was break the scales and punch tiny grape sized wounds beneath the skin of the Flame Dragon.

Nath's small command tank aimed it's main cannon and fired a large shot. Intended to kill the dragon decisively. However it would seem luck was not by their side as the round was dodge by the dragon during the last second. Causing the round to freely fly off into the distance probably hitting a random target in that distance.