2.

"Watch where you're going next time, Geez"
"Huh? I must watch where I'm going? I'm the one wearing the glasses here but you're the one that clearly needs them more than I do", I said getting up from the ground, trying to match the voice I just heard with a face and then...I saw Senzo Zulu aka Zulu, Mr Popular, Captain of the school senior soccer team, school 'heartthrob', I still don't see what all these girls see in him, and total stuck up.

"Excuse me?", I heard him say and
I immediately rolled my eyes. Ignoring him I continued in the direction I was walking in, out the school grounds heading straight for the bus stop.

***

"I know, I know I'm late and I'm sorry", I said making my way into the locker room.
"You owe me, I clocked in for you already " Siya said while watching me change out of my school uniform into my work wear.
"I didn't ask you to do that"
"But I did it anyway and I covered for you without Loyiso noticing"
"Oh I noticed" Loyiso said peeking from the corner of the door.
"You can come in", I told and he came in.
"You really thought I wouldn't notice you not being around, we all know how lazy Siya is", Loyiso chuckled and I joined in.
"Hey, I'm right here" Siya said and we continued to chuckle.
"Uhm Melo there's a customer at table 8 and he looks like a man of high stature"Loyiso said.
"On it" I smiled as I left.
"Why didn't you pick me to go serve him" Siya complained.
"Because the difference between you and Melo is that Melo actually works plus at least she's got class, what do you have?"
"Mxm"

Siya and I have been the best of friends for as long as I remember. She's been my partner in crime to this day but I must say our friendship has definitely been a roller coaster ride but here we are today, working together at her brother's cafe and even though we're no longer in the same school we still have a close knit relationship.

I grabbed my notepad and adjusted my name tag  as I made my way to table 8.
"Hi, welcome to Koffee eKasi, I'm Melo. So can I interest you in anything to drink?", I asked with a smile on my face.
"I'll just have a latte", the man in front of me responded , he's eyes still glued to his phone screen, I examined him to see if he was someone who had been here before but I didn't recognize him, finally coming to the conclusion that it was probably his first time here.
He wore a navy blue suit with shoes that clearly looked expensive. He wore a Cartier Patek watch on his left wrist, which he should honestly consider taking off especially in this neighborhood, and his cologne smelt like money. Damn, he must be swimming in money, I thought to myself.
"Would you like anything to eat, we have some really cool croissants which—"
"No thank you I'm fine, I'm just here to meet a client" Client? Yeah, he's definitely a lawyer, huh, and he must be a pretty good one if he's rocking a Patek. I thought before making my way to the counter.
"Where's Scooby?" I asked.
"He's off, something about a stomach bug", Siya said from behind the counter.
"I need a latte", I told her but she looked at me like I was crazy and went on with whatever she was doing.
"Fine, I'll just make it myself", I said getting behind the machine.

***

I sat doing my homework behind the counter. I occasionally walked up to table 8 to make sure they were still okay but they just ignored me so I proceeded to other tables. They've been here for close to two hours. It must be an intense case, I thought to myself while completing the rest of my history homework.
10 minutes later they stood up and I went to their table to greet them goodbye and collect the bill. Looking at the bill I noticed R300 even though their lattes and croissants which they later decided to order, amounted to R110.
"Uhm Sir your change?"
"Keep the change." The man said making his way out before stopping mid-way.
"Melo right?". I nodded
"Great service, you deserve the tip" he said before continuing on his way.
Woah, what a tip. I could not believe my eyes. This was the biggest tip I've ever received. Everyone else would either tip with a R10, maximum R50, but never R190. He must be a baller.