28.

Saturday.

"Promise you're going to behave right?"

"What about my stok sweet (lollipop)" Nyakallo asked

"You'll get it afterwards, only if you behave, that was the deal, okay?" I asked and she just crossed her arms and went inside. Today I had to juggle babysitting Nyakallo while managing to study with Senzo. We met at the cafe again and I found him in our usual spot. I mean it could've been easier to have the study session and babysit Nyakallo at my house but after what happened last time I decided it was not worth taking the risk. Nyakallo ran towards Senzo and gave him a huge hug. Those two have become the best of friends all of a sudden and I guess I could say that's a good thing. Nyakallo behaves better when she's talking to Senzo on the phone, I think she'll behave even better with him in person.

"Hey, what's up buttercup" he greeted.

"Nothing" she replied. Wow he's even got a nickname for her.

"Thank you for not having an issue with me bringing her" I said

"No problem, I like having her around" he replied.

I sat Nyakallo next to me and instructed her to keep herself busy with her colouring book while we studied for our history test on Wednesday. Senzo had been doing so well lately that it was starting to scare me because of the deal I made the first session we had. His highest mark was 77% for the economics test we wrote this week and history was the test that would be the decider whether I get a bike riding lesson or not and honestly speaking I wanted him to do well but I didn't want that lesson to happen especially because it was going to be at his house and I'm not too comfortable going to people's houses. But seeing that Senzo never really had a problem with history and was in fact an 'A' student when it came to history I should just prepare myself for it...or I could just came up with a plan to avoid going.

Senzo has improved so much that Mr Neilson took notice and even agreed to have him play this Saturday. I think he was glad to see Senzo's marks improve just in time for them to play their long time rivals, CHS. With just 3 more tests left for the term, if Senzo continues the way he's been performing lately he'll be able to redeem himself from his previous marks.

"I sent you something, did you see?" I asked him and he checked his phone.

"It's a recording?"

"Yes. Seeing that your mom keeps wanting you to jog with her and you hardly have time to revise, I thought I should make you a recording that you can listen to while jogging"

"Oh wow, thank you. You really didn't have to do this but thank you, I really appreciate it" he said and he looked so sincere.

***

Our session was long over and Senzo, Nyakallo and I were about to leave. Senzo said he didn't have any plans for the day and thought it was finally time that he watched the movie as promised and after much hesitation I agreed. I still had to babysit Nyakallo for another hour or so and thought that if he came over then Nyakallo would somewhat behave because he would keep her busy and I would have time to relax.

As we made our way out we crossed paths with the 'happy couple' Siya and Luniko. Yesterday I had met up with Luniko to return his water console but only for a split second. I was trying to avoid getting into conversation with him because I knew that he would bring up Siya and that was a topic I was not ready to discuss. When I returned it to him he told me he didn't want it back and thought it held more value to me than to him and even though it did hold value to me, I didn't want it anymore because it would continuously remind me of how different we are and how nothing would make things go back to the way things were back then.