44.

Wednesday.

Because of my suspension I had to stay home today and for the rest of the week until further notice. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was alone in the house while Sindi was at work and I had nothing to do to keep me busy. I tried watching tv but everything that was on was boring. I tried cleaning, studying and watching make up tutorials while playing around with Sindi's make up but it felt like I was losing my mind. This was the one time I really wanted to be at school and I couldn't and that's what was making me go insane. I couldn't even talk to anyone. Mak was at home but I wanted to give him a chance to rest, Senzo and Luniko were at school and Siya, well we haven't technically fixed things yet but I was starting to realize that maybe it was time that we did fix things. Fix everything and not just the whole thing with her and Luniko but exactly why things turned out the way they did between me and her. If I didn't fix things then there would always be that rift between us and it would be awkward if I actually got expelled and had to go back to my old school and try surviving without her. I mean I thought I was tough but Siya was tougher and if you thought Kingston was bad, wait till you meet the people at my old school.

I sometimes ask myself how I survived without getting into trouble but then I realized that Siya was the one fighting on my behalf most of the time and at Kingston since she wasn't there I had to do the fighting all on my own. It's hilarious how many detentions she got because of me and how she ended enjoying going to them because she finally got a chance to sleep unlike at home where she had to sleep with one eye open.

I saw she was online and remembered how she's always on her phone during class especially in Afrikaans because she hated both the teacher and subject so much. I sighed and put my pride aside and sent her a message saying hey and then I waited. I saw she was typing for some time and then blank. I put my phone down and figured that maybe she didn't want to talk to me but then she replied with a 'hi'. I asked her if she wanted to come over later and I was excited when she said yes because I would have someone to keep me company.  I quickly showered and got everything ready since school only had about half an hour left and she would probably be here in 45 minutes and then I waited.

An hour had passed and I heard an knock on the door. I walked over to the door and opened it and she was there on the other side.

"Hi" I said.

"Hey"

And we stood in awkward silence.

"Come in" I told her and she walked in and took a seat. And then there was an awkward silence again. "You want anything drink"

"I'm good, thank you" She said and I sat next to her.

"So..."

"So..."

***

"Melo so you're trying to tell me that you were in a fight without me? How could you?" Siya questioned and I laughed.

"Yeah and look where that got me"

"Wow who would've thought Melokuhle Kunene of all people would be suspended"

"I know right" I said and we both chuckled.

"I want to meet this Nonhle so that I can give her a piece of my mind and by that I mean my fist" Siya said and I laughed. "Hey, speaking of, where's Senzo?" She asked with this weird smirk on her face.

"Practice, home maybe, I don't know" I said in a nonchalant tone. I knew what she was doing and I didn't want her thinking anything was up. We were just friends...yes?...yes.

"He's cute isn't he" She said.

"I guess, I see now why girls at school are so crazy about him"

"What about you?"

"What about me?" I played dumb.

"Do you like him?" She asked and I just kept quiet. Senzo was just my friend and that's all I saw him as. Really? 

"Nope" I replied after some time. And she looked at me suspiciously before saying "Its okay, the truth will come out"

"Back to Nonhle, you know I was supposed to go to her birthday party on Saturday" I said trying to change the subject.

"Did she still have it?"

"I don't know, she probably would've posted about it but I don't want to know"

"Well I want to know, what's her handle?" Siya asked and I told her. "Found her...mmmm, there's nothing here"

"She probably postponed it, her mother wasn't too happy about the fight"

"They should just cancel it, she doesn't deserve one"

"Siya don't say that, she deserves one shem umntan'abantu, she's nice sometimes"

"I still say she's a—"

"—Siya, don't say it"

"Mxm...I've missed you you know that
? I've missed this, ya. GH has been boring without you"

"Kingston is boring without you" I said and I hugged her. It felt good to have her back. I've missed her so much I didn't even realize it. Kingston really was boring since she wasn't by my side. I mean Siya is just the life of the party and made each and every single day at GH unforgettable.

"Want to go out for ice cream to make you feel better, my treat of course" Siya offered and I nodded. I then lent her a shirt and some sweats so that she could change out of her uniform and we left.

***

We took a walk around our neighborhood while we had our ice cream and engaged in conversation along the way. Siya was just telling me about school and the recent drama that has been happening while I just listened to her talk along the way. I still wasn't in much of a talking mood but I was glad to listen to her along the way. We turned a corner and sat on the rock that was on the side of the road while she still continued.

"And you? What's been going on in your life? How are things between you and Luniko?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Ah, don't get me started" she complained.

"What, what's wrong? What happened?"

"I broke it off"

"Why, I was starting to root for you guys"

"I just realized how I just view him as a brother so it started to get weird. Also I did it because of you"

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't like how things turned out between me and you after you found out we were together. I know now that we shouldn't have kept this from you, I'm sorry"

"...I'm sorry too" I replied and we stayed out till late, really late. Late as in Siya had me out after the street lights came on but it was worth it. I really had a great time with her and she made me feel so much better. No matter how things got between the two of us, Siya held a special spot in my heart ever since we were kids and that bond is what always brought us back together. No matter how bad the fights got, she always managed to come back.