17.

"So, how did today go?" Sindi asked while changing into her pjs.

"It was good. It was nice spending time with him, laughing and reminiscing. But that's also when I realised that we're different people now."

"What do you mean?"

"He's changed, I've changed, were not the same people anymore. But it was admirable seeing him in his element, the drive in his eyes. It gave me chills."

"Well, I'm glad you're home safe and that you had a good time"

"Me too...oh gosh I forgot I still have to meet Senzo tomorrow"

"Two guys in two consecutive days, damn Melo"

"Ah, its not what you think, I'm helping him study, that's all"

***

I walked into the cafe and looked for a good spot far from the buzz where Senzo and I could work. While waiting I set everything up then the 'man of the moment', Senzo arrived, 5 minutes early, still in his soccer uniform.

"Is this late enough for you?"

"Sit down Senzo"

He took a seat then looked at me with a blank look on his face, clearly trying to make me feel uncomfortable.

"Senzo focus, now let me see your assessment schedule"

He handed me his assessment schedule and fortunately for me he highlighted all his upcoming assessments.

Eh, we're writing maths next week? I didn't know that...and the history presentation is this Friday?!!

"You look surprised"

"No, just shocked that we've got so many tests so soon"

"Ah, Melo you're not serious"

"Hey, enough about me, we're going to write down goals that we want to achieve so that we have a clear direction of where we going"

We spent the time writing down goals that we both wanted to achieve, even though I already had my goals already set. I thought it was best if we did it together so that it felt more like a partnership instead of me helping Senzo. We then started going through Senzo's textbook and I basically showed him how he should make notes, emphasizing the fact that he needed to have his notes in his own words and not word for word from the textbook , explaining that he would understand it better if it was in a way that he would understand. I basically shared all my study tips with him and our session ran well over two hours.

"Wanna get something?"

"Yeah, I'll just have a coffee, I feel a bit tired from practice today"

I stood up and walked to the counter where I was greeted by a warm smile from Scooby who was back at work after two weeks being off.

"Hey, what's up, it's been a long time since we last saw you"

"I'm good, how are you, I see you were off this week"

"I'm good, uhm can I have two coffees please"

"Sure thing"

I waited while Scooby made our coffees and looked at Senzo who laid his head on the table.

Shame, he really does look tired .

"Hey, Scooby can you add two muffins as well, chocolate, please"

"Sure"

"See you Monday"

"Yeah sure"

I grabbed my order and went back to Senzo and sat across from him.