5.

"I hate this movie" Sindi complained.

" you hate the ending not the movie" I said

"Nope I hate the movie. You know I hate intense movies why'd you pick Acrimony anyway"

"Because Tyler Perry is amazing"

I stood up to make more popcorn when...*ping*.
I looked up at my phone to find a message from Senzo. I completely ignored it knowing that he would fool around and not take things seriously.

"So..." Sindi trailed off. "I have this new look in mind for Heather's character so..." she trailed off again and I instantly refused knowing exactly what she wanted to do.

"Come on Melo please...*ping*"

"No Sindi I'm not letting you touch my face again"

"But Melo you and Heather have the same skin tone and the same texture, you'll be the perfect testing dummie"

"No Sindi I don't want to, I'm going to bed. You know tomorrow is the competition *ping* and I need to get my *ping* beauty rest."

"Who keeps messaging you?" She asked.

"Nobody important"

"It doesn't seem like it"

"Trust me he's not important"

" 'He?" Sindi raises an eyebrow at me. I don't have time for this. I just stormed out of the living room straight to the bedroom completely ignoring Senzo's ridiculous messages.

***

This can't be happening. Not today! My hair was a mess and I still couldn't find my shoe anywhere.

"Okay calm down Melo, I'm sure you'll find it somewhere", Sindi said in an attempt to calm me down.

"This is the wrong day for all of this to be happening", I said pacing up and down the room.

"Okay let me see what I can do about your hair" she said and sat me down in front of the mirror .

I looked at my hair and how frizzy it was and I smiled to myself, reminiscing on an incident that happened a few months before. My hair was in the same state that it was in today and I fought tooth and nail with it, a battle that I lost. Let's just say the comb got stuck in my hair and your girl had to go to school with  bright yellow Afro comb sticking out from her hair. I was the school laughing stock for about a week and that was when I knew that my hair had a mind of its own. Since then I vowed to never have that incident happen again.

Sindi had finally managed to tie my hair and make it at least look presentable. And my stress levels began to decrease. I put on my black pair of All Stars again. The judges won't be able to see my feet anyway. And I was off.

***

"And I said I want to do Miriam Makeba", I argued.

"But Shaka Zulu is more interesting than Miriam Makeba", Senzo argued.

"Excuse me? Miriam Makeba earned herself the title of 'Mama Africa'. What did Shaka Zulu get?"