Hawks x Reader : Our Wings

Hello guys, here's your favorite clown, coming back after a while again, but I believe this chapter will be more qualitative than the other ones so enjoy this as much as I do!

_____________________

You approach your front door slowly, it was very late but you were sure nobody was waiting for you. Your day had you exhausted, being a veterinary wasn't exactly a relaxing work.

You opened the door and entered in your living room, yep, as you were expecting it was only you and your sofa. You drop your bag on the table, you faced your fridge and took the soda. You weren't really in the mood of eating some food. Earlier in the day you had to operate a little bird, he was badly hurt to one of his wings. You tried to save it but... It was too broken to restoring it. You had to impute...

It seems... maybe stupid but you could only remember him,
You knew he was doing a really dangerous work outside for weeks. You didn't saw him since the start of his mission, he was not even allow to talk to you about it. Hawks was a pro hero and your boyfriend, you had to let him go and trust him. But what if...
What if he was badly hurt and you didn't even know it ? What if he meet someone more awesome than you and left you behind ? Maybe when he's going to come back he too will have lost a wing...

Suddenly, the sound of the front door get you out of your thoughts, it could only be one person but at the same time you were suspicious. Maybe it could be an enemy who found out about your relation with Hawks and came here to kill you?
But when you hear "woups I forgot again to take off my shoes..." you sighed in relief.

A cute lil face bathed by the artificial yellow light popped quickly into the sofa. A bright smile was drawn on his pale face, his eyes were shining in sight of you. He put dawn his hands delicately on your shoulders and you feel his soft and cold lips on your forehead. He was hoping to see the same smile on your face but he only saw your watery eyes.
That was not that you weren't happy to see him, but you were full of worries.

"Oh that's it.
You washed the house while I wasn't home and I put mud everywhere didn't I?"
he looked at you with a guilty look on his face, you swear he had the trick to make you feel better no matter what.

"Come on my love I'm used to your foolery! You should know that!"

"But you're gonna miss your cleanly house!"

"You're the only one I missed..."
With this sentence you felt a heavy weight on your heart.
He took you closer and hold you in his arms, giving you a warm hug.

"You know... I'm scared... What if one day you come back with a missing wing..."
He put one of his hand behind your head and caressed it.

"I'm not worried about that. When everything will be over, I will come back to you, and even if I loose a wing or two... You're the one making me feel like I can fly. You have the power of making me believe, you're my wings that makes me feel like I can always move on (Y/N)... "

You laughed a little at how cheesy it sound, but the blush on your cheeks didn't lie, and makes Hawks kiss them gently.

" Let's be the wings of each other then my love... "