THREE

3. need something stronger

BQOTD: What country do you live in? I'm Australia 🇦🇺

•••

EDEN ABRELL

EDEN ABRELL

I gulped and sat down in between my aunt and ... Mr King.

"Hey, gorgeous. You all settled in?" My aunt asked me, a content look on her face.

"Yup, thanks again Ivana for letting me stay," I told her gratefully.

"Oh no worries, gorgeous," She smiled and grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently. "You're always welcome."

I hugged my aunt and whispered in her ear, "Thanks, Ivana. I have something to tell you later."

She nodded her head and got back to eating her dinner.

"So, diamond," My uncle said, grabbing my attention. "How's school going? Treating you well?"

"College is alright. I'm keeping my grades up and making time to socialise or hang out with my best friend Gracie," I said, gesturing to Gracie when I spoke about her. I cut some of the lasagne and get some salad onto my fork and ate it. We were all eating in comfortable silence with the occasional small talk until my uncle spoke up.

"Just a quick question for Gracie and Huxley," he started, gaining their attention. "Do either of you speak Italian?"

"No," Huxley shook his head, eyes brimming with confusion. Gracie answers the same, a similar look forming in her eyes as well.

"Lovely. Quindi è questo il ragazzo sposato che ti piace? (So is this the married guy you're into?)" Uncle Henry asked.

I choked on the lasagna I had in my mouth, dropping my knife and fork. I quickly took a sip of my water to wash the food down more easily. My cousins were laughing with their fists covering their mouths, my aunt was covering her coy grin with her hand, and my uncle continued to eat his food with a smug smirk. Meanwhile, Gracie and her father were looking at each of us cluelessly.

Thank God.

Leo managed to sober himself up enough to speak, "Papà, hai delle palle (Dad, you got some balls)."

His twin brother was still dying of laughter, occasionally banging his fist on the table as his face turns red from the lack of oxygen in his lungs.

I rolled my eyes and threw my napkin at him. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it off, cagna (bitch)."

Levi picked up the napkin, "Thanks cagna (bitch), I needed this." He wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Besides, given context, that was just so fucking funny. Oh fuck, I'm about to pass out. Good one, Papà (dad)."